Sturm: The Morning After: Kelvin Joseph pick reveals Cowboys’ different approach to pursue different results

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They are young but I do think they have the potential to be a stud combo.
Going to be trial by fire against Brady week one.

I’d like to get Richard Sherman in here to help prepare for that week in particular.

I’d like to also see Gregory, Lawrence, Parsons, Cox, Bohanna, Gallimore, and LVE starting up front in some kind of confusing alignment to generate a rush (Bohanna protecting Parsons behind him as a downhill rusher), and it’s clear the team sees attacking with waves of depth as the strategy for the 4th quarter.

We’ll prolly see Smith instead of Cox and Lawrence fist down. They’ll also probably take Bohanna out on 3rd down. Not a fan of the 3-4, especially for Lawrence and Gregory

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Going to be trial by fire against Brady week one.

I’d like to get Richard Sherman in here to help prepare for that week in particular.
I doubt you see Sherman anywhere except for SF and Seattle.

I’d like to also see Gregory, Lawrence, Parsons, Cox, Bohanna, Gallimore, and LVE starting up front in some kind of confusing alignment to generate a rush (Bohanna protecting Parsons behind him as a downhill rusher), and it’s clear the team sees attacking with waves of depth as the strategy for the 4th quarter.

We’ll prolly see Smith instead of Cox and Lawrence fist down. They’ll also probably take Bohanna out on 3rd down. Not a fan of the 3-4, especially for Lawrence and Gregory
I think this is just the silly season when we think Bohanna is a big piece.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think Gregory is actually an excellent fit as a 3-4 OLBer.
By all rights he should be playing in the same spot as Demarcus Ware. Unfortunately being a fist in the dirt player is how he's played his entire pro career.

Hopefully he can adjust like Ware and Ellis did.

Lawrence seems like a lost cause playing from a standing start.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think this is just the silly season when we think Bohanna is a big piece.
I get it. But I can't emphasize how much I love the intent in getting him. Yeah they whiffed on Poe last year but you've got to keep trying.

Rushing the passer has become so over-emphasized a skill that folks forget how much football is 75% the blocking and tackling this guy has excelled at. I expect more of an overall impact out of him than Odighizuwa or Golston, measured by how well the defense improves around him, in particular the LBs behind him.

Other DL will have better stats, but I don't think any will be better blockers.

If he can't stay in shape or fails to learn the tricks of the trade at the next level, so be it. But I think he can contribute right away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get it. But I can't emphasize how much I love the intent in getting him. Yeah they whiffed on Poe last year but you've got to keep trying.

Rushing the passer has become so over-emphasized a skill that folks forget how much football is 75% the blocking and tackling this guy has excelled at. I expect more of an overall impact out of him than Odighizuwa or Golston, measured by how well the defense improves around him, in particular the LBs behind him.

Other DL will have better stats, but I don't think any will be better blockers.

If he can't stay in shape or fails to learn the tricks of the trade at the next level, so be it. But I think he can contribute right away.
I mean he is a rookie DT so I expect a learning curve. He will get stronger in the NFL too. It's just refreshing we actually took a guy that can be viewed as a true NT.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Joseph is the starter I think him and Diggs will be very high risk/reward, they'll give up plays but they're also capable of taking it away on any 50/50 ball.

It'll be a rollercoaster at times but I'd rather have a high risk/reward CB than guys who are just steady in coverage but don't get takeaways. The key will be for the offense to build leads so these guys can hunt INT's aggressively as opposed to playing on their heels.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The key will be for the offense to build leads so these guys can hunt INT's aggressively as opposed to playing on their heels.
That and some pressure to make the QBs throw the ball right away. Double moves are hard when a QB doesn't have time in the pocket. Hopefully Gregory, Lawrence and some dialed up blitzes with Parsons can do that.

Top Bottom