Sturm/Machota: Cowboys survey, Part 2 - When Dallas will return to the Super Bowl and thoughts on Dak Prescott’s contract

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's one reason I'd look to keep Gallup, we could conceivably ride Prescott and the passing game to a SB appearance over the next few years.
Given how the cap is set to increase big time in the coming 2-3 years, I could see the team keeping Gallup if he'll accept 15-16 million per year.

By the time Lamb's new deal comes due in 2025, Cooper will be a UFA and the whole landscape will have changed.

Zeke will likely be a June 2023 cut, so the situation would still be manageable by borrowing from future years, especially if Dak restructures.

We will likely continue drafting defensive players to keep costs low on that side of the ball, but I could still see Dallas signing one big defensive FA in the coming years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Why is that likely? I don't know about that.
I think it'll be either 2023 or 2024, the point being that we'd only have both an extended Gallup and Elliott on his big money deal for 1 season, 2 at the most, and that resigning Gallup would basically be shifting the cap money away from the running game and more towards the WRs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think it'll be either 2023 or 2024, the point being that we'd only have both an extended Gallup and Elliott on his big money deal for 1 season, 2 at the most, and that resigning Gallup would basically be shifting the cap money away from the running game and more towards the WRs.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maybe, but I'm not so sure.
By 2024 he'd be 29 and we'd save about 12+ million against the cap by cutting him, so I can't see anyway he's still playing here by then unless he signs a brand new deal for like 4/year.

2023 is a tossup I think.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
By 2024 he'd be 29 and we'd save about 12+ million against the cap by cutting him, so I can't see anyway he's still playing here by then unless he signs a brand new deal for like 4/year.

2023 is a tossup I think.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but that's a pretty far projection and if the cap does go up significantly and he's still still popular with the fans and selling jerseys and the QB's BFF, it's hard to say what we'll do.

Top Bottom