Sturm: In pursuit of that very rare successful Cowboys season - Pregame riffing

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
He certainly outplayed Dak and pretty much every other QB we faced this year except for Tom Brady and Pat Mahomes.

In games vs top-half QB's... Herbert, Brady, Mahomes, Murray, and Carr... we have just one victory.

i think team for team outplayed us. i dont know by stats, but i think thats the consensus. I dont know for sure. How ever it did look to me that on the field, Murray was way more confident and his team fed off that. Plus it seemed Dak didnt have the same confidence Murray did, i could be wrong.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He certainly outplayed Dak
That's not saying that much lately though.... :tippytoe

But really, Arizona is a very good team. They were the best in the NFC for weeks until their little mini-slump. Even as badly as the offense played, losing to them by a FG isn't the end of the world. (The real concern IMO is when you meet them in the playoffs and they have Hopkins, Watt, and others back.)

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He certainly outplayed Dak and pretty much every other QB we faced this year except for Tom Brady and Pat Mahomes.

That's false.

Regardless, Murray isn't the issue. We need to get our offense on track.

Genghis Khan

Come on... you can do better than that

Better than what? You made a false statement and I called you out on it.

I don't think you can safely say he out played Carr against us. Maybe not Mac Jones either.

Regardless, if your point is he outplayed Glennon, Fromm, Heinicke, Hill, and Hurts, I don't think you're making the point you think you are.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Better than what? You made a false statement and I called you out on it.

I don't think you can safely say he out played Carr against us. Maybe not Mac Jones either.

Regardless, if your point is he outplayed Glennon, Fromm, Heinicke, Hill, and Hurts, I don't think you're making the point you think you are.

maybe back up when you say false so make it clear for the other poster please

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

In games vs top-half QB's... Herbert, Brady, Mahomes, Murray, and Carr... we have just one victory.
That is nothing to sneeze at, either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's false.

Regardless, Murray isn't the issue. We need to get our offense on track.
The point is we are not quite good enough defensively to put the clamps down on any decent QB with an adequate supply of weapons either. Getting there, but need two or three more pieces.

Genghis Khan

The point is we are not quite good enough defensively to put the clamps down on any decent QB with an adequate supply of weapons either. Getting there, but need two or three more pieces.

I don't disagree, but that's why we need more from the offense right now.

That wasn't Ravi's point though. He was talking about preferring playing Stafford because of how great Murray is in AT&T stadium.

I don't think Murray is the issue.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Kazee hasn't gotten much attention but I don't think he has been particularly good deep in the field. I agree, this defense is close but they could be special with a couple upgrades.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Carr played better than Murray did against us, so did Herbert.
Carr is arguable, but Herbert’s two picks lost them that game.

Murray 9 rushes for 44 yards added a dimension that made things even harder for the defense, keeping long drives alive. He also threw more TDs, had a higher passer rating than Carr, and ran a style of play that kept Dak off the field.

Bottom line he was better than Carr, call it arguably better— in either case not “false”

I will concede Carr was better at faking penalties.

And in any case, Dallas sucks against good QBs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As for Fat Mike, I just don't see him getting shit-canned no matter what happens next week.

I think the Joneses are satisfied.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That wasn't Ravi's point though. He was talking about preferring playing Stafford because of how great Murray is in AT&T stadium.

I don't think Murray is the issue.
I said … Murray plays with a hard on vs Dallas. Against us, he doesn’t fuck up like he normally might.

In ATT, he’s won a lot, and he’s certainly out-playing Dak.

It’s goddamned embarrassing that midget beat us without DeAndre Hopkins.

Maybe Dak and Moore pull their heads out of their asses in the playoffs.

Top Bottom