Sturm: DQ Report, Week 12 - The Daron Bland Episode

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wait. Did that f'n hammerhead just say that Dak isn't an MVP candidate because he's NOT throwing interceptions? So we can see how he responds?

Hard to understand just what that fool was trying to say.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t think Shady could open a shoe store if his fucking life depended on it.
Running a shoe store is definitely beyond his level. I'm not sure he could run a lemonade stand.

And he is just trying to find a way to sit on the other side of the argument. But it's a stupid argument. Just say, I want to see Dak do it against the elite teams and pull out the win. That's all you have to say. This next stretch of games will decide it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’m honestly surprised how many media types are calling out his stupidity. They usually sugarcoat, if not outright ignore it when someone in their ranks is an idiot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, Ed went a little hard there. Not that he's wrong, but outright calling a guy "stupid" is pretty harsh for those guys.

Feels a little like picking on the slow guy in class. I mean, I don't think anyone thought McCoy was the sharpest tool in the shed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Ed went a little hard there. Not that he's wrong, but outright calling a guy "stupid" is pretty harsh for those guys.

Feels a little like picking on the slow guy in class. I mean, I don't think anyone thought McCoy was the sharpest tool in the shed.
Ed is a true 'journalist' and Im sure the clown show is beneath his dignity.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You have Diggs, Bland and maybe Gilmore. All you need is a mid round pick or so.
I think this is Gilmore’s last year as a legit starting caliber player, and I don’t trust Lewis.

We could do with a mid round pick, especially if it’s another Bland

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's 33 and relying on him to start for us in next year's playoffs seems like a stretch. Maybe in a Parcells Aaron Glenn-type role, but IMO he'll be vulnerable as a starter

But with Bland and Diggs, he is basically in the Aaron Glenn role next year. Also, switching him onto Metcalf in the second half last game basically saved the defense. He's still pretty good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's 33 and relying on him to start for us in next year's playoffs seems like a stretch. Maybe in a Parcells Aaron Glenn-type role, but IMO he'll be vulnerable as a starter
When old corners fall off, they fall off.

Gilmore is a future HOF. He still may have another quality year in him.

One thing that is interesting about how we adjusted to Metcalf eating our lunch was to sic him on him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom