Sturm: Decoding Callahan - The Troubling Evolution Of The Road Game Plan

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea I agree with all of this, I think what we are seeing is the beginning of the end for Romo
Just as he is entering the first year of his new 100 million dollar contract.

Just wonderful.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This upcoming draft looks to be fairly deep with higher end QB's. But I doubt Jerry has the foresight to draft one of them. Still has all his eggs on the erratic gunslinger.
Pretty hard to take a first round QB after just handing your incumbent $100 million.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I never thought that we would ever see the value of that contract. I just never thought we would be seeing the decline so soon. Oh well. Its par for the course for a Jerry led Dallas Cowboy team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just as he is entering the first year of his new 100 million dollar contract.

Just wonderful.
He's still playing pretty well, his accuracy and quick release are still there, 8 TD's:1 INT is very good, but unless something drastic changes with the coaching staff at the end of this year you're just going to continue with this stagnant road to nowhere.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Pretty hard to take a first round QB after just handing your incumbent $100 million.
I'd have no problem taking a first round QB if the right guy is sitting there and putting him on ice for 3 years ala Aaron Rodgers. It would have the residual effect of maybe getting a little cheaper at backup QB so that maybe we could use that money elsewhere.

Jerry on the other hand probably wouldn't do it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd have no problem taking a first round QB if the right guy is sitting there and putting him on ice for 3 years ala Aaron Rodgers. It would have the residual effect of maybe getting a little cheaper at backup QB so that maybe we could use that money elsewhere.

Jerry on the other hand probably wouldn't do it.
No way would Jerry do something like that, in his mind it'd be undermining Romo, wasting a 1st on someone who won't play for 2-3 years and I'm sure if/when he drafts a QB high he will want him playing immediately.

I'd be all for it though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's still playing pretty well, his accuracy and quick release are still there, 8 TD's:1 INT is very good, but unless something drastic changes with the coaching staff at the end of this year you're just going to continue with this stagnant road to nowhere.
Exactly.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think if the right flash (Manziel) was there he would.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Which is why it was totally retarded to double-down on Romo last offseason. But now Jerry has his built in excuse for why we won't look for Romo's replacement.

Several more .500 or worse seasons with Romo and then we can return to the early 2000's grasping at Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf types for the next few years.

Brilliant stategy Jerry!

Top Bottom