Sturm: Cowboys’ critical year begins with problems that require solutions - Decoding Kellen Moore

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The mid season change seemed to be a mixed bag of injuries to Prescott, Zeke, and Jarwin.

if this team settled into a run based, defensive powerhouse I would be thrilled.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is it possible he's right and the dropoff from Denver on is largely about losing the two TE offense?

Sounds kind of hard to believe, but nothing else has made sense unless you think Dak's calf was way worse than they let on.

I do think he's right that Ferguson is going to play early and more often than people think. The DC.com guys said McCarthy loves him and has been seen coaching him up, talking to him, etc more than the other rookies.
Dak and Elliott being less than 100% (and their refusal to cut back on Elliott's touches) were a big part, but the 2 TE thing is nonsense to me. A great offensive mind figures out a way around that without the entire offense going in the shitter.

The most interesting thing for me this year will be to see if Moore can come up with ways to schematically make up for the lack of explosiveness at WR, namely by creatively incorporating Pollard more into the passing game.

I think Ferguson will be a really solid TE and I'm comfortable with him playing 60-70% or whatever of the snaps but he's not going to be a true difference maker as a rookie. Pollard is the real litmus test, the guy who could be a game changer for our offense but not through a traditional offensive design.

So let's see if Moore has it, I'm not holding my breath.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak and Elliott being less than 100% (and their refusal to cut back on Elliott's touches) were a big part, but the 2 TE thing is nonsense to me. A great offensive mind figures out a way around that without the entire offense going in the shitter.

The most interesting thing for me this year will be to see if Moore can come up with ways to schematically make up for the lack of explosiveness at WR, namely by creatively incorporating Pollard more into the passing game.

I think Ferguson will be a really solid TE and I'm comfortable with him playing 60-70% or whatever of the snaps but he's not going to be a true difference maker as a rookie. Pollard is the real litmus test, the guy who could be a game changer for our offense but not through a traditional offensive design.

So let's see if Moore has it, I'm not holding my breath.
We can get creative, use Pollard, etc. but bottom line we are not going to be the 4500-5000 yard passing offense we've been without those WR's.

We have to run more effectively and play stouter on defense.

Top Bottom