Sports is dead random thought thread

midswat

... soon
I really thought Marcus Spears was going to be a more valuable contributor than Demarcus Ware.

Was definitely more excited about him on draft day than landing Ware.

midswat

... soon
I was Quentin Jammer or bust going into the 2002 draft until I saw that “Brothas gonna knock you out” Roy Williams highlight video

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really thought Marcus Spears was going to be a more valuable contributor than Demarcus Ware.

Was definitely more excited about him on draft day than landing Ware.
I still remember when Parcells picked him, there was the thought he would be a real chess piece. Could play DT, DL, even OLB.

And he really wasn't top shelf at anything.

midswat

... soon
Terry Glenn used to routinely embarrass Sean Taylor.

But not as often as Antonio Bryant used to humiliate Fred Smoot.

midswat

... soon
More surprising fall from grace:

RG3 or Shawn Merriman?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I still remember when Parcells picked him, there was the thought he would be a real chess piece. Could play DT, DL, even OLB.

And he really wasn't top shelf at anything.
talk about underwhelming...

shoop

Semi-contributing member
More surprising fall from grace:

RG3 or Shawn Merriman?
Tough call. I'd go with Merriman because he was supposed to be can't miss. RGIII at least had some people concerned.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Terry Glenn used to routinely embarrass Sean Taylor.

But not as often as Antonio Bryant used to humiliate Fred Smoot.
Antonio Bryant throwing a sweaty towel in Parcell's face :unsure
I think if that had happened twenty years earlier, Parcells would have beat his ass. I really believe Bill was tired before he even took the Cowboys gig

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Who still backs the Joey Galloway trade?
The trade wasn’t as bad as having him in the game with a few minutes left down by like 35 points. Wasn’t that the pickle juice game?

Same day Dale Earnhardt died.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
i believe you are correct Sheik, but for what it cost us, i would have rather gambled on the 2 1's, not saying it was automatically better, but hindsight, lets be honest. Not as bad, but a bad time for that trade

midswat

... soon
The trade wasn’t as bad as having him in the game with a few minutes left down by like 35 points. Wasn’t that the pickle juice game?

Same day Dale Earnhardt died.
Dale Earnhardt died in February you retard

midswat

... soon
Markus Steele (circa early 2000s 4th round pick LB out of USC) should’ve been good based on his name alone. Science

midswat

... soon
Who was that wide receiver who cracked his kneecap one year, rehabbed for a year, only to recrack it again the following year on Hard Knocks. Deveryn Henderson? Hope he’s doing well for himself. Hard Knocks sold him as an underdog type you had to root for.

midswat

... soon
Pete Hunter went from a hungry kid who wore the wrong sized cleats to a workout in front of a Cowboys scout, because he was desperate for his chance. To then telling Bill Parcells he wouldn’t move to safety because he wanted to play CB for the money.

midswat

... soon
Patrick Watkins was a 6’5” free safety and I thought we wouldn’t see anymore bombs over our secondaries heads anymore because of him.

Top Bottom