Sobering/sad day today

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
One of my kids from this past football season took his life. He was 15-16 years old. Kid exemplified teammate and coachable player. Extremely quiet but also sneaky funny.

One of my sons coached the team with me and was very close to the player.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sorry Skid. Hate that this stuff happens. Its just maddening and saddening at the same time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Damn. Just horrible when kids with their entire lives in front of them do this.

Sorry, skid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One of my kids from this past football season took his life. He was 15-16 years old. Kid exemplified teammate and coachable player. Extremely quiet but also sneaky funny.

One of my sons coached the team with me and was very close to the player.
God damn, this is horrible. I had a nephew that decided this his way out, too. Call me if you need anything, brother.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
God damn, this is horrible. I had a nephew that decided this his way out, too. Call me if you need anything, brother.
I’m good, bro. Shook me up pretty good. I was in the grocery store when I got the call. Took a minute to get through it. My son is experiencing something like this for the first time though.

Hate to sound cliché but pay attention to the signs in those around you and reach out if you can.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Terrible news. His parents must be shattered. I hope he wasn't another kid who succumbed to Covid-induced depression.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Terrible news. His parents must be shattered. I hope he wasn't another kid who succumbed to Covid-induced depression.
I’m not sure. He played on our teams fir a few years. He had some family problems for sure. His parents shared custody and where constantly fighting. When his dad had him he demanded that we change his jersey to the one with his last name on it. When his mom had him it was the opposite. He has a handicapped little brother. I’m not blaming anyone or anything cause that doesn’t help.

He was truly an eager leaner and unselfish player. Always 100% effort all of the time. He quietly took a position from a more talented player over the season and produced much more due to effort attitude.

Top Bottom