Site back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

We can pass the hat around to help you defray the cost. Kristie will kick in a few bucks from her sex cam.
We really need someone who know what they are doing to do the install and import. I have read up on it and it doesn't look overly complicated, but it is over my head.

Cotton

Staff member
Just got a reply from them and they said they can support VB 5.5, so we could actually make the move at any time. Anyone have Dooms' contact info? :unsure

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
added bonus: easier for ree-tards like dbair to upload photos

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Just got a reply from them and they said they can support VB 5.5, so we could actually make the move at any time. Anyone have Dooms' contact info? :unsure
I do, but I get an error message when I try to send you a PM with his real name and email address. Maybe send him a PM over at DCU.

Cotton

Staff member
Just talked to Unc and it looks like we will most likely be moving to XenForo. We have enough money in our paypal account to pay for the license, so no need to pass the plate just yet. Just to give you an example of a site powered by XF, go to https://forum.snipershide.com/.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Just talked to Unc and it looks like we will most likely be moving to XenForo. We have enough money in our paypal account to pay for the license, so no need to pass the plate just yet. Just to give you an example of a site powered by XF, go to https://forum.snipershide.com/.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
i hope it has chat

Cotton

Staff member
I have now found a guy (thanks to bbgun and Dooms) that can do the migration for us. It will come at a cost, but we know it will be done well. I have read around about this guy and he has quite a reputation for doing these well. We do have about $260 in our PayPal account. The license and installation of XenForo will be $210. This guys will migrate all of our content from start to finish for $135. We may want him to migrate other stuff (addons and whatnot) which would be an additional fee. So, I am passing the plate. Looks like we need at least $85 to get everything moved.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have now found a guy (thanks to bbgun and Dooms) that can do the migration for us. It will come at a cost, but we know it will be done well. I have read around about this guy and he has quite a reputation for doing these well. We do have about $260 in our PayPal account. The license and installation of XenForo will be $210. This guys will migrate all of our content from start to finish for $135. We may want him to migrate other stuff (addons and whatnot) which would be an additional fee. So, I am passing the plate. Looks like we need at least $85 to get everything moved.
Donation sent.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, by the way, the guy that does the migration also includes the installation, so that saves us 50 bucks. We probably need to throw that $50 into either addons or importing our theme/style, so the board come out of production looking decent and not brand new.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Where do we send donations again? I can't find the link button.

N/M... found it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh, by the way, the guy that does the migration also includes the installation, so that saves us 50 bucks. We probably need to throw that $50 into either addons or importing our theme/style, so the board come out of production looking decent and not brand new.
A new banner perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom