Signing Day Chatter

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Five-star cornerback Jackson picks USC

February, 5, 2014

By Erik McKinney and Tom Luginbill | ESPN.com

The wait is finally over for Adoree' Jackson (Gardena, Calif./Serra), who entered Wednesday as the top uncommitted prospect in the country.

Jackson, the No. 9 overall prospect and No. 3 cornerback in the nation, was able to keep just about everyone guessing until the moment of his signing day announcement, but he declared Wednesday morning that he will join the USC Trojans this fall.

What he brings: Though Jackson has a modest frame, he also has big-time speed and explosiveness. He is a skill prospect who could likely play on either side of the ball at the next level, but we feel he will develop at corner. He has a chance to be a difference-maker with his speed and recovery burst out on the perimeter. Jackson possesses great feet, loose hips and smooth transition skills for a cover corner and is well-versed in coverages. His polished ball skills make receiver an option at the next level and he should be a valuable kick returner.

Who he reminds us of: TCU CB Jason Verrett. Though he is shorter than other prospects, Jackson’s overall man coverage skills are more advanced than most in this class. Verrett, an All-American, brings a similar skill to his game at the college level. What he might lack in ideal height, he makes up for with feet, explosion, smooth hips and a competitive temperament. It also helps to be a dynamic player with the ball in your hands, which both players are.

Potential freshman impact: With his speed, athleticism and excellent versatility, we feel that Jackson will have a good chance to contribute early at the college level and find a role, at least as a returner. The game comes naturally to this playmaker and we feel the transition to college will be smooth.

How he fits: Jackson will likely provide immediate help at wide receiver for the Trojans, a position that occasionally only had one healthy player for practices last fall, due to injuries and scholarship reductions. Jackson could also be called upon to play cornerback and is an outstanding special teams returner.

D

Deuce

So do they have any breakdowns of a teams total haul and highlights of top players? I know they've done it before. I'm curious what they have to say about UCF other than their star ratings.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So do they have any breakdowns of a teams total haul and highlights of top players? I know they've done it before. I'm curious what they have to say about UCF other than their star ratings.
I've been watching the ESPN site, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Texas has one signing in the top 100.......ONE.

How the mighty have fallen. :cry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
we held onto a great player from Georgia with Tech making a strong push (suck it Paul Johnson and booze).
Eh, losing Rogers sucks but honestly, we are never going to do anything with Paul Johnson. I feel as helpless now as I did when Chan Gailey was around. Pretty apathetic these days. I am just sick and tired of running an antiquated offense that can't do shit.

Top Bottom