Schefter: Tyron Smith Out For The Season

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah when I say move Connor to OT its because I think Smith is done and I want to see if Connor can be a long term OT.
Yes, because we need to know if Connor is going to pan out now, not a week before the draft.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This season is pretty much over anyways with this D we have.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Collins will be fine I'm sure, if Smith can come back then our OL could rebound pretty quickly because I have alot of faith in Biadasz. Either way I'm looking at OL high in the draft next year, ideally someone who can play LG and potentially kick out to LT if Smith is indeed done.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Collins will be fine I'm sure, if Smith can come back then our OL could rebound pretty quickly because I have alot of faith in Biadasz. Either way I'm looking at OL high in the draft next year, ideally someone who can play LG and potentially kick out to LT if Smith is indeed done.
Outside of that, if Smith is done, I wonder about this potential lineup for next season:
Williams to LT (he's allegedly more adept and built for tackle), McGovern to LG (should get extended PT at RG this season as audition), Biadacz, Martin, Collins.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Outside of that, if Smith is done, I wonder about this potential lineup for next season:
Williams to LT (he's allegedly more adept and built for tackle), McGovern to LG (should get extended PT at RG this season as audition), Biadacz, Martin, Collins.
If Smith is done I'd hope that we'd draft an OL in the first 3 rounds, if not the first 2.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would not trust Williams at LT.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Tank for Lawrence?
If we could get a desperate team (like the Jets) to trade multiple high picks for Dak, I ship him off and go after Lawrence. But, the likelihood of that is virtually zero.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And yet it's the defense who's costing us games.

Well, that and the fact that they can't get the running game going enough to let the defense rest a bit.
It's more than the defense. You have to pass early in the game to set up the run, then stuff Zeke down their throats.

We can't string together much consistently on offense and worse we turn the ball over trying to do too much.

And that sets up a defense that-- let's face it-- was built to play with the lead for failure facing balanced attacks all game long.

Yeah sure we come back and Dak's stats look great, but that's after the opposing defenses have let up. And I call bullshit to anyone who says that's not true, because it happens way too often stretching back to last year.

How about some fight early on offense, and not spending the first half digging our own grave?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'd like to see more Pollard at RB.

Top Bottom