RGIII: Cowboys Ware is the scariest defensive player in the NFL

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

According to Redskins QB Robert Griffin III, Dallas Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware is the scariest defensive player in the NFL. (Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports)

RGIII: Cowboys Ware is the scariest defensive player in the NFL

JON MACHOTA |
Published: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 5:10pm

During a recent interview with GQ Magazine, former Baylor star and current Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was asked who he thought was the scariest defensive player in the league.

Griffin's response? A Dallas Cowboy.

"I'd have to go in our division: DeMarcus Ware," Griffin told the men's magazine. "I don't ever fear a player, but D Ware, he got me good twice last year. Took my head off."

In two games against the Cowboys during the former Heisman Trophy winner's rookie season, the stat sheet had Ware down for a quarterback hit in each meeting.

The Cowboys, however, lost both, 38-31 and 28-18.

It's a little surprising that the Cowboy Griffin named wasn't Anthony Spencer. The Cowboys defensive end sacked Griffin twice in the first game and once more in the season finale.

Griffin, who tossed 20 touchdown passes and ran for another seven scores, led the Redskins to their first division title in 13 years, earning a Pro Bowl roster spot and an AP Offensive Rookie of the Year award along the way.
------------

Whatever.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I sense DeMarcus Ware is up for a great season. He's got great coaching behind him and is finally in the right defense for him. Not that he was a slouch in the 3-4, but he was born to play RDE in a 4-3.

Lotuseater

Banned
This is ridiculous. Ware is the nicest player in the league, gently laying QB's down and helping them up after. I love Ware, but I hate his gentle style. I want him to be Harrison. That's a scary MF'er.

Top Bottom