Revis throws a guy's cell phone in the street

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Darrelle Revis charged with four felonies after alleged altercation

By Austin Knoblauch NFL.com

Published: Feb. 16, 2017 at 10:37 p.m. Updated: Feb. 17, 2017 at 07:27 a.m.

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has been charged with felony aggravated assault and robbery for his alleged involvement in an altercation that took place in Pittsburgh early Sunday morning, according to court records obtained by NFL.com.

Revis, 31, was charged Thursday in Allegheny County (Pennsylvania) with four felonies -- two counts of aggravated assault, one count of robbery and one count of conspiracy: aggravated assault. He also was charged with making terroristic threats -- a misdemeanor.

The former All-Pro hasn't turned himself in yet to authorities. Blaine Jones, Revis' attorney, told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo on Friday that he and the Pittsburgh Police Dept. are "working out the details of turning Darrelle in to law enforcement."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told NFL.com the league will look into the matter. Revis faces the possibility of discipline from the league under the NFL's personal conduct policy. The Jets confirmed to NFL.com they are aware of the incident.

The Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety released details about the alleged incident shortly before Revis was formally charged. According to the release, Pittsburgh police were dispatched to an intersection in the city at 2:43 a.m. EST Sunday to look into a report that two men had been knocked unconscious. The two men later told police they were punched by Revis and another man.

Jones said Revis sought medical attention after the incident and "at no time was Darrelle" the aggressor. Jones said Revis was "retreating" from the situation.

"According to the investigation, a 22-year-old male from Kittanning was walking along E. Carson Street when he spotted a male who resembled Aliquippa native (Darrelle) Revis, a cornerback in the NFL," the Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety's statement reads. "He asked if the man was (Darrelle) Revis and he confirmed that he was. The male began recording the interaction on his cellphone and continued following Revis. At some point, Revis snatched the cellphone away and attempted to delete the video.

"Another 21-year-old male from Ross Township attempted to help the 22-year-old retrieve the cellphone. Revis then tossed the phone onto the roadway. A verbal argument followed. A male came to assist Revis. Both the 22-year-old and the 21-year-old state they were punched then remember waking up to talk to police. Witnesses state the two were unconscious for about 10 minutes. The Officers viewed the cellphone video and confirmed that the person was Revis."

Revis is coming off a difficult season and his $15.3 million salary-cap number puts him at risk of being released by the Jets.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn, he knocked them both out. Dude has skills. :unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Seems they succumbed to the harsh remoteness that besieges those left on Revis Island.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Typical PA police overcharging.

Robbery. Right.

What about that incident was robbery?

Standard practice in Pennsylvania. Overcharge the defendant up front, to boost your chances at a higher offense when you plea bargain later.

If I was a judge in PA I would start taking it out on DA's who signed off on this shit.

Robbery, what a joke. It's an abuse of the legal system. In no way whatsoever was that charge made in good faith.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Typical PA police overcharging.

Robbery. Right.

What about that incident was robbery?

Standard practice in Pennsylvania. Overcharge the defendant up front, to boost your chances at a higher offense when you plea bargain later.

If I was a judge in PA I would start taking it out on DA's who signed off on this shit.

Robbery, what a joke. It's an abuse of the legal system. In no way whatsoever was that charge made in good faith.
Yeah, I think that happens everywhere. I hate it when I get a client charges with first degree assault knowing they could never get the conviction on that charge but scaring people into accepting a plea deal for an assault second for example.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Sounds like Revis has a career in boxing if he can't play corner anymore.

Top Bottom