Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The left will never again(in most of our lifetimes) know what a victory is when it comes to constitutional arguments in front of the SCOTUS.

The Bush family almost destroyed this country all by themselves. Donald Trump with all his faults actually saved it in my view. These 3 he appointed to the SC are taking away the federal governments grip on our lives at seemingly every turn.

This is just the beginning. This shit is awesome.
We are taking this shit back.

Cotton

Staff member
The good news is that Thomas LOATHES affirmative action and there is an affirmative action case on the docket next term. Another big rollback coming! Woooo
Have you watched his documentary? It is really really good.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’ve been out of the loop for a week or so on news for the most part.

What would you guys think about Trump/DeSantis ticket? I just caught a video Where Trump teased the idea of having DeSantis on the ticket.

So I’m on the fence. I know DeSantis would wipe the floor with Biden, he’s just too sharp for Biden and knows how to do politics. On the other hand, Trump for 4 more years and then the potential for DeSantis to take the ok. For 4-8 more sounds very attractive.

My only worry is who would take the reins in Florida? DeSantis has been a great governor and Id hate to lose that either way, Florida is too down the middle and so important in Presidential elections.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

What would you guys think about Trump/DeSantis ticket? I just caught a video Where Trump teased the idea of having DeSantis on the ticket.

So I’m on the fence. I know DeSantis would wipe the floor with Biden, he’s just too sharp for Biden and knows how to do politics. On the other hand, Trump for 4 more years and then the potential for DeSantis to take the ok. For 4-8 more sounds very attractive.

My only worry is who would take the reins in Florida? DeSantis has been a great governor and Id hate to lose that either way, Florida is too down the middle and so important in Presidential elections.

I would rather see a DeSantis/Tim Scott. If Trump wins again, libs will be foaming at the mouth and burning shit down for 2 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

As much as I liked most of what he did in office, I just think he is too divisive. Especially now. If we thought the riots and burning shit was bad before, imo it would be worse than ever. And that's if he even won.

As bad as Biden has been doing, for the most part people on the left don't give a fuck. They only care about the D beside his name. And the fact that he's not Trump. Dems would probably come out in record numbers just to say they voted against him. And there would be plenty of the established R's in office that would be against him, too. They like their cushy status quo. It's much too uncomfortable for them while Trump is in office.

Give me Desantis running, and I don't think the Dems have a chance of retaining the office.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
As much as I liked most of what he did in office, I just think he is too divisive. Especially now. If we thought the riots and burning shit was bad before, imo it would be worse than ever. And that's if he even won.

As bad as Biden has been doing, for the most part people on the left don't give a fuck. They only care about the D beside his name. And the fact that he's not Trump. Dems would probably come out in record numbers just to say they voted against him. And there would be plenty of the established R's in office that would be against him, too. They like their cushy status quo. It's much too uncomfortable for them while Trump is in office.

Give me Desantis running, and I don't think the Dems have a chance of retaining the office.
Yeah Trump is too polarizing. They would do whatever they had to to not let him win. I appreciate what Trump got done but he did have shitty judgement about some of the people he put in and even tho he was def better than any D on gun control he let the ATF ban bumpstocks and didn't have a problem with red flag laws. DeSantis is better in every way

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Heard a pollster the other day say Trump is way ahead of DeSantis in their surveys. It's not even close. He was explaining that the average person who doesn't keep up with politics doesn't really know DeSantis yet, while everyone in America knows Trump. How much would that change if RD got on the national stage? Hard to tell.

I'm worried Trump is the one guy who could lose it for the reasons NoDak mentioned. Just too much propaganda against him for too long, plus the dumb things he's done to himself.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm actually really hoping Trump doesn't run again. You have started something really good, Donald. Now let DeSantis take the reins.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm actually really hoping Trump doesn't run again. You have started something really good, Donald. Now let DeSantis take the reins.
He's going to, though. Some are even saying he'll announce today.

We just have to hope he calms down a bit with the childish insults and name-calling, but I can't see it happening.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I want Trump to run. Yeah, he could lose, not to Biden, but maybe someone else. I just think the disaster that Biden has been is just too much for the democrats to overcome.

What’s the message against Trump this time? “He’s mean, and yeah, we’re all broke and shit, but hes

The liberal meltdown would be too good. I’d love to watch the crying if Justice Thomas was to retire and be replaced by Trump. That would be 4 appointments and that alone would cause the left to be so demoralized.

Everyone loves a comeback, and Trump is probably the most popular politician in the country right now, that is weird.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I want Trump to run. Yeah, he could lose, not to Biden, but maybe someone else. I just think the disaster that Biden has been is just too much for the democrats to overcome.

What’s the message against Trump this time? “He’s mean, and yeah, we’re all broke and shit, but hes

The liberal meltdown would be too good. I’d love to watch the crying if Justice Thomas was to retire and be replaced by Trump. That would be 4 appointments and that alone would cause the left to be so demoralized.

Everyone loves a comeback, and Trump is probably the most popular politician in the country right now, that is weird.
That's the other angle. Maybe they've spent so long wailing and crying about him that people have realized they're the boy who cried wolf and would tune them out.

I know early in Trump's tenure I thought there at least had to be something to all the misdeeds they accused him of, like Russiagate. Now I know it was all total garbage. Maybe there are a lot of people like me who started paying attention and now realize the media is just that corrupt and should be totally ignored this time around.

I still think Trump is not a very good salesman of his ideas and Desantis would be better, but I just want whoever will win and start getting us back on track and away from the destructive policies we're seeing now.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
That's the other angle. Maybe they've spent so long wailing and crying about him that people have realized they're the boy who cried wolf and would tune them out.

I know early in Trump's tenure I thought there at least had to be something to all the misdeeds they accused him of, like Russiagate. Now I know it was all total garbage. Maybe there are a lot of people like me who started paying attention and now realize the media is just that corrupt and should be totally ignored this time around.

I still think Trump is not a very good salesman of his ideas and Desantis would be better, but I just want whoever will win and start getting us back on track and away from the destructive policies we're seeing now.
I know Trump isn’t the best choice. He’s just the constant middle finger that the left needs to see.

I’ll be just as happy to vote for DeSantis or Nikki Haley, I’d even consider that smoke show who’s name escapes me at the moment, she’s the sexy lady who tore down Kamala in a debate. I’m not sure if she’s switched parties, but she’s the only sane talking democrat I’ve noticed in a long time.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

They are going to try to steal the midterms

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I know Trump isn’t the best choice. He’s just the constant middle finger that the left needs to see.

I’ll be just as happy to vote for DeSantis or Nikki Haley, I’d even consider that smoke show who’s name escapes me at the moment, she’s the sexy lady who tore down Kamala in a debate. I’m not sure if she’s switched parties, but she’s the only sane talking democrat I’ve noticed in a long time.
Tulsi Gabbard?

Top Bottom