Random Politics Stuff Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

And for those who aren't keeping track we just sent 33 billion to Ukraine less than 3 weeks ago

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Supply chain issues about to get whole lot worse

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I have to admit, I never imagined Joe Biden and his administration would be this terrible. He's way worse than anyone could have predicted.

Anyone wanna offer up something positive that has happened since Jan 2020?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have to admit, I never imagined Joe Biden and his administration would be this terrible. He's way worse than anyone could have predicted.

DeSantis has done some good shit

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life

I am still breathing 2 more years time for Trump to return

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Late night/early morning rant.

I've heard most of my adult life that black people are extremely conservative, but it's never really been evident if you go by how they vote. I can understand the reasons why, I can sympathize with those reasons, too.

I don't know if any of you are youtube reaction video junkies like myself, but reaction videos have become quite popular. The video content is crazy weird, it's taken a consistent path over the last few years. It started with mostly black people reacting to new kinds of music, country mostly, which is extremely interesting to find that hip hop heads actually find that they love country music. Anyway, the content then moved to comedian reactions, then to movies, and most recently it's moved to conservative speakers. Speakers include Trump, Ben Shapiro, Dinesh D'Souza, Jordan Peterson(Please Listen to this guy), Michael Knowles, Stephen Crowder, Charlie Kirk, a Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, and a few others that escape my memory right now.

It's especially encouraging to see people being introduced to the other side of the arguement, and even more encouraging to see them pause a video and express the desire to actually look into some of this content further because their mind is blown by things they've just never been exposed to.

Admittedly this is encouraging to me because I feel like people are ready to figure shit out. I'm not saying that the Republican Party as it exists today is the savior of the country, but I feel like we're more than ready as a society to cut through the bullshit and get to a place where common sense could be a restart point in how we elect our representatives. I feel like identity politics is about to die a quick death because we're all tired of being pitted against each other.

The people aren't evil, our system is. I'd guess between the 20s we're mostly all normal and want mostly the same things. It's the two factions inside those 20 yard lines that get the most air time and continually stoke the fires of divisiveness and hatred.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not political, but I just started watching some of those music reaction videos when I heard an old Steely Dan song I don't think I'd heard since I was a kid and looked it up. At first I thought the reactions were so cool... Then the more I watched, the more cynical I got. Are we sure these guys and girls haven't just found a great way to get views? Just react positively to a song a bunch of old people love and you're guaranteed to get tons of views and likes. :unsure

But back to politics, yeah, look at Kim Klacik in Baltimore and her talking about how most inner city people tell her they've never even talked to a Republican before. Very sad.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Guess Pelosi got tired of hiding her vodka so she's letting everyone drink all day at work and we're paying for it. Opens at 8am.....

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I've been meaning to ask you guys, why do politicians get a tax return?

This Hollywood attorney who emailed Hunter Biden that Joe Biden got his tax return and he(attorney) would be writing a check to Hunter for that amount to repay what his dad owed him, that seems ridiculous to me.

These politicians are getting free health care and tax free 6 figure salaries? Wtf is going on?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Hack to get back to chronological tweets instead of "top tweets as chosen by the algorithm"

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've been meaning to ask you guys, why do politicians get a tax return?

This Hollywood attorney who emailed Hunter Biden that Joe Biden got his tax return and he(attorney) would be writing a check to Hunter for that amount to repay what his dad owed him, that seems ridiculous to me.

These politicians are getting free health care and tax free 6 figure salaries? Wtf is going on?
Hello. Were you born yesterday?

Top Bottom