Random Politics Stuff Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They should give him the option of 3 years prison time, or a 3 minute beat down by a few actual racists.
Nah, they don't have to be racists. Regular ass people like me would work just fine.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Fricken Milo Yianapolous(so?).

He’s now doing college speaking tours about gay conversion therapy. He claims he’s no longer gay.

Say what you want about him, he has a brilliant mind and knows just what to do and say in order to garner attention.

I forced myself to listen to one of his college speeches on the “conversion therapy”. Holy shit. I’m 38 years old, I think I really became comfortable with other people being gay around the time I was 26-27, not that I hated gays or anything, I just always thought of it as “not ok” or “gross”. These days someone else being gay doesn’t bother me a bit. My wife and I have gay friends, it’s just not a big deal.

Fuck me if his speech didn’t leave me kinda fucked up. Some of the shit he said was like a throwback to the early 80s/90s, classically homophobic, but then he said a bunch of shit that just made sense.

That guy is something else.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Great point. They should impose age limits. There comes a time when a seventy-something power figure is just out of damn touch. This is a different world than they were first elected into. There are at least 10 members of Congress over 80. That is insane.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Great point. They should impose age limits. There comes a time when a seventy-something power figure is just out of damn touch. This is a different world than they were first elected into. There are at least 10 members of Congress over 80. That is insane.
Same thing with college professors. There's a backlog of kids with PhDs because the oldsters hang on like grim death.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I totally agree. Around my parts they forced judges to retire at a certain age. Why the hell should politicians be any different?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Translation: Our polling says we better do a 180 on crime.
Exactly

She says that 90 - 95% of folks would say their car has been broken into or they've been a victim of crime in some way.

It should not have taken a poll to realize there's a serious problem.

Top Bottom