Random Politics Stuff Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Pennsylvania Agrees to Remove Names of Dead Citizens From Voter Rolls: Settlement

By Jack Phillips

April 8, 2021 Updated: April 8, 2021

The state of Pennsylvania agreed to remove the names of deceased people from voter rolls, an election-integrity watchdog group announced after reaching a settlement with state officials.
The lawsuit, (pdf) which was filed by the Public Interest Legal Foundation in November 2020, alleged that some 21,000 registrants who had died were still on the state’s voter rolls at the time of the 2020 presidential election. Pennsylvania agreed to compare its voter-registration database with the Social Security Death Index, and then direct all county election commissions to remove the names of dead registrants.
“This marks an important victory for the integrity of elections in Pennsylvania,” Public Interest Legal Foundation President and General Counsel J. Christian Adams said in a statement in announcing the court’s decision. “The Commonwealth’s failure to remove deceased registrants created a vast opportunity for voter fraud and abuse. It is important to not have dead voters active on the rolls for 5, 10, or even 20 years. This settlement fixes that.”
The lawsuit was filed after the Nov. 3 election and when then-candidate Joe Biden took a lead over President Donald Trump in Pennsylvania. Ultimately, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Commonwealth’s office certified the election.
The foundation said it found that 9,212 of the 21,000 voters had been dead for more than five years, and nearly 2,000 voters had been dead for more than 10 years.
The settlement stipulates that the “Department of State shall transmit to each county commission the names of the individuals registered in each respective county identified as deceased as a result of the comparison undertaken” with the “death data set received” from Electronic Registration Information Center that was then “compared to the full voter registration database … for the purpose of identifying persons who are ineligible to vote by reason of the registrant’s death.”
In response, the Pennsylvania Department of State, which didn’t agree in the settlement with the number of dead voters alleged, said the agreement to remove the voters “includes no finding of inadequacy on the part of Pennsylvania and its counties,” according to the Washington Times. Officials didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.
“The Department of State is pleased that this agreement will offer Pennsylvania’s county boards of election another valuable tool to maintain the most accurate and up-to-date voter rolls possible,” the department added in a statement.
The Department of State also agreed to pay $7,500 to the foundation to partially cover attorneys fees and other related costs.
The case was originally filed in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with the case number No. 1:20-cv-01905.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
^^ Maybe Coke and Delta and the rest can come after them for voter suppression, too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Project Veritas is so great. :lol

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

Pennsylvania Agrees to Remove Names of Dead Citizens From Voter Rolls: Settlement

By Jack Phillips

April 8, 2021 Updated: April 8, 2021

The state of Pennsylvania agreed to remove the names of deceased people from voter rolls, an election-integrity watchdog group announced after reaching a settlement with state officials.
The lawsuit, (pdf) which was filed by the Public Interest Legal Foundation in November 2020, alleged that some 21,000 registrants who had died were still on the state’s voter rolls at the time of the 2020 presidential election. Pennsylvania agreed to compare its voter-registration database with the Social Security Death Index, and then direct all county election commissions to remove the names of dead registrants.
“This marks an important victory for the integrity of elections in Pennsylvania,” Public Interest Legal Foundation President and General Counsel J. Christian Adams said in a statement in announcing the court’s decision. “The Commonwealth’s failure to remove deceased registrants created a vast opportunity for voter fraud and abuse. It is important to not have dead voters active on the rolls for 5, 10, or even 20 years. This settlement fixes that.”
The lawsuit was filed after the Nov. 3 election and when then-candidate Joe Biden took a lead over President Donald Trump in Pennsylvania. Ultimately, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Commonwealth’s office certified the election.
The foundation said it found that 9,212 of the 21,000 voters had been dead for more than five years, and nearly 2,000 voters had been dead for more than 10 years.
The settlement stipulates that the “Department of State shall transmit to each county commission the names of the individuals registered in each respective county identified as deceased as a result of the comparison undertaken” with the “death data set received” from Electronic Registration Information Center that was then “compared to the full voter registration database … for the purpose of identifying persons who are ineligible to vote by reason of the registrant’s death.”
In response, the Pennsylvania Department of State, which didn’t agree in the settlement with the number of dead voters alleged, said the agreement to remove the voters “includes no finding of inadequacy on the part of Pennsylvania and its counties,” according to the Washington Times. Officials didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.
“The Department of State is pleased that this agreement will offer Pennsylvania’s county boards of election another valuable tool to maintain the most accurate and up-to-date voter rolls possible,” the department added in a statement.
The Department of State also agreed to pay $7,500 to the foundation to partially cover attorneys fees and other related costs.
The case was originally filed in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with the case number No. 1:20-cv-01905.

thats the government in a nutshell

it takes hundreds of people to finally agree to what should have been obvious to do from the outset of voter registrations

Here's an example of our shitty government at work:

I spent half of my day today calling the IRS, SSA, going online in one big fucking pointless circle jerk in which I never was able to accomplish what I set out to do.

What I was trying to do was verify social security & ITIN number info for people I paid over $600 and the reason I have to do this is because they apparently gave me incorrect information when they filled out their W9. So not only do I have to play gestapo-IRS enforcer by getting their SS#/ITIN# and send yearly 1099's, I have to also play investigator where I have to verify the info they gave me was correct or be forced to pay 25%+ of whatever I paid them in taxes on their behalf.

WTF?!?!?

So the IRS letter I received sent me to a phone number which no one will answer and a website which sent me to the SSA website that made me fill out a bunch of shit and create an account that I cant use until I receive an authorization number from the SSA that is supposed to be mailed to me 8 weeks ago.

8 weeks later, I still dont have it so I'm back to going down this black hole to figure out what the problem is. After ping-ponging from site to site and webpage to webpage, I finally find a number to call and after 3 calls (one hang up within seconds of getting an actual human----I was ready to torture a gawd damn puppy at his point) I reach an actual human who after 30 minutes of dialogue tells me he'll mail the authorization number so I can verify online in the future but he can check a SS#/ITIN # over the phone which has me thinking WTF didn't we do this in the first place??

So I give him the SS#/ITIN# and then he says he needs the date of birth.

DATE OF BIRTH????!!

Are you fucking kidding me!?!?!?

That's not even on the gawd damned W9 form I'm required to have the payee complete

So 8 weeks later after being told by the IRS to verify SS#/ITIN #'s I haven't been able to do so anywhere at a government site or via any phone number I've beed told to call but when I finally get someone who claims they can, he tells me I need information I've never been asked to obtain.

ITS GOT DAMNED INFURIATING!!

I wish the average US citizen understood the piece of shit government bureaucracies that have been put in place because they allow the politicians to completely rape people that actually try to do something which creates jobs and the very tax revenue they are so quick to abscond with at every opportunity.

If every citizen understood & experienced this kind of nonsense on a consistent basis, the whole fucking country would have stormed the capital! Or at the very least, they sure as fuck wouldn't want this monster in charge of their health care.

Gawd damned Im pissed off right now!

And this shit is just going to get worse as the government encroaches more and more into every aspect of our lives

Top Bottom