Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I saw this earlier. Did she just not want to answer the question, or has she lost it as much as Joe Hiden?
Good question.

My first thought, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, is that it was a TV moment. Sometimes there's delays and the timing gets all weird or you don't quite hear someone right.

But then logic kicks in and you wonder why, even if she had a TV moment where she misheard the question, why wouldn't her brain tell her to ask for the question to be repeated instead of answering with a clearly misplaced phrase for the middle of an interview.

There's of course the conspiracy theory explanation: there's a glitch in the matrix, or perhaps she's some sort of AI.

Then I've seen sinister explanations, such as: she's covertly signaling to the interviewer in code that she didn't like the question and was expecting more softball type questions. But I thought, while a plausible explanation, the question was sort of softballish as it was.

It's very worth noting in the interests of Occam's Razor that she is 80 years old. I think that's most likely what we're seeing here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Then I've seen sinister explanations, such as: she's covertly signaling to the interviewer in code that she didn't like the question and was expecting more softball type questions
Call me a cynic, but this is how I am leaning with this.

Top Bottom