mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of bed shitting all around last Sunday

Offense really relies on Tyron. That guy keys everything
Yeah I mean on offense there is blame to go around for basically everyone who played and the coaches. No one on offense makes me feel like they did a good job. Shit not even Martin.

So yes I blame Dak but my list goes much further than that. Everyone looked like a disaster to me.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean on offense there is blame to go around for basically everyone who played and the coaches. No one on offense makes me feel like they did a good job. Shit not even Martin.

So yes I blame Dak but my list goes much further than that. Everyone looked like a disaster to me.
I thought Pollard made the most of his reps. But that's about it.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Bad Raiders team, so Dallas should roll.
Need to get back to running the ball.
Any Idea how Las Vegas' OL has been this year?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Great news for the offense
What would really be great for the offense is if Kellen Moore actually approached the game with the priority on winning the game rather than chasing stats.

I could be way off base here but I get the impression that he's too enamored with trying to impress the masses with pretty passing stats rather than focusing on actually doing what's best to get the W. Big passing numbers usually gets OCs promoted to HC positions so I understand the appeal of wanting to have sexy passing numbers.

But I've seen it before where hot shot, flavor of the month OCs start feeling themselves too much and the rhythm of offenses get thrown completely out of whack because they put too much of a premium on accumulating pretty numbers.

We need Moore to get back to running a balanced game plan and stop worrying about compiling passing stats.

With Dak at QB, the Cowboys are undefeated (29-0) when they call more run plays than pass plays. Kellen Moore and McCarthy can not continue to ignore results like that.

Get the ugly W by any means necessary. Even if it means we finish with less than 200 yards passing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With Dak at QB, the Cowboys are undefeated (29-0) when they call more run plays than pass plays. Kellen Moore and McCarthy can not continue to ignore results like that.
I think that's a very deceptive stat. Balance is awesome but if you're not running the ball well banging your head for 1 yard a gain gets you very little. So you pass more. When you're winning, you run the ball more. I think the number of runs is just as much the effect as it is the cause if that makes sense. People just assume running the ball more is what leads to the win. But sometimes winning is really what leads to running the ball more.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think that's a very deceptive stat. Balance is awesome but if you're not running the ball well banging your head for 1 yard a gain gets you very little. So you pass more. When you're winning, you run the ball more. I think the number of runs is just as much the effect as it is the cause if that makes sense. People just assume running the ball more is what leads to the win. But sometimes winning is really what leads to running the ball more.
Yeah, it's similar to the the 'The Cowboys are xxx and x when Emmitt runs for 100+ yards.'

Well, no shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree to a degree. Yeah it's stupid to run 30 times if you're only averaging 2 yards a carry. But they should at least make an honest attempt to establish a rushing attack and not completely abandon the run in 1or 2 score games like we've done too many times in the past

Top Bottom