Raiders Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The short week is miserable. Gives us zero time to get anyone back healthy and our team is really fucking hurt right now.
Outside of Donovan Wilson, I do believe we came out of KC without any other injuries.

So we got that going for us...which is nice.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
After the insane amount of injuries last season you'd think we're due to be relatively healthy. But nope.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's forget the Chiefs game and get our heads on straight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He better be. We need him and we need him right to beat top teams. Him at LT helps everyone a cross the board.

There is lots to learn from the Chiefs loss. This isn't a game I throw away and move on from. We need to get healthy and we need to develop a better game plan when teams press the line with corners and safeties to stop the run. A big part of that is you need good protection to buy your QB time. We tried all the WR screens to beat it but the blocking on them was awful yesterday. So come up with something better.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He better be. We need him and we need him right to beat top teams. Him at LT helps everyone a cross the board.

There is lots to learn from the Chiefs loss. This isn't a game I throw away and move on from. We need to get healthy and we need to develop a better game plan when teams press the line with corners and safeties to stop the run. A big part of that is you need good protection to buy your QB time. We tried all the WR screens to beat it but the blocking on them was awful yesterday. So come up with something better.
Another good takeaway is that when the OL is completely discombobulated in pass protection and Dak can't throw the ball straight that you need to rely on the god damn running game.

What really sticks out was the sequence in the 3rd after the Kearse INT I believe where Elliott ran for 5 on 1st and 10 from about the Chiefs 15, then on 2nd we go to a cutesy little pop pass and on 3rd it's just a straight shotgun pass.

Go under center some, run downhill and work play action.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We still don’t have a viable plan for playing without Smith. Still a big problem.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I thought Collins was worse than Steele yesterday honestly. He had a false start to turn our 3rd and 5 to 3rd and 10 in the red zone in the first quarter and got murdered by Jones on a bootleg where he just had to maintain some leverage on Jones and instead just lazily let him go by, completely blowing up the play.

I'd rather start Steele than Collins I think.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I thought Collins was worse than Steele yesterday honestly. He had a false start to turn our 3rd and 5 to 3rd and 10 in the red zone in the first quarter and got murdered by Jones on a bootleg where he just had to maintain some leverage on Jones and instead just lazily let him go by, completely blowing up the play.

I'd rather start Steele than Collins I think.
What happened to him? Was it the layoff? Not giving a shit? His decline is rather sudden.

Top Bottom