Raiders Stuff...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's unlikely that guy plays the following Sunday after a concussion, so I'd be shocked if Lamb can turn around and play on a Thursday.
IIRC, the Giants ran Daniel Jones out there to start at QB the very next week after he got knocked silly in Dallas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
IIRC, the Giants ran Daniel Jones out there to start at QB the very next week after he got knocked silly in Dallas.
Yeah. Players have come back after a week but a short week would be difficult to come back.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Mara has always had dif rules for his team

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah. Players have come back after a week but a short week would be difficult to come back.
Yeah just depends on the severity of the concussion. It didn't look bad to me at all when it happened.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My biggest gripe about yesterday's game was the offense's lack of toughness. From the opening snap the Chiefs were playing with more energy and aggressiveness in the trenches.

We should have met force with force and leaned on the run game a lot more.

Kellen Moore exacerbated the problems we had along the OL by putting them in a position where they never had a chance to establish any sort of dominance in the trenches. His automatic default when facing an aggressive defense is to abandon the run. Just once I'd love to see a Cowboys OC stick it out with the running game and not panic just because they fall behind by 2 scores.
Definitely, his response was to call a bunch of screens instead of running downhill at them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Definitely, his response was to call a bunch of screens instead of running downhill at them.
I really think part of the issue here is Elliott's knee.

Not trying to make excuses, but they clearly have Pollard on a pitch count.

We could use a third back at this stage heading into rest of the season.

And I am fully aware we have Corey Clement on the roster.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I really think part of the issue here is Elliott's knee.

Not trying to make excuses, but they clearly have Pollard on a pitch count.

We could use a third back at this stage heading into rest of the season.

And I am fully aware we have Corey Clement on the roster.
For whatever combination of reasons it looks like we abandoned the run too soon, especially after our defense settled down.

I admit before the game I thought it would have to be mostly won on Dak's arm, but I was mistaken. There was room to have run more.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For whatever combination of reasons it looks like we abandoned the run too soon, especially after our defense settled down.

I admit before the game I thought it would have to be mostly won on Dak's arm, but I was mistaken. There was room to have run more.

I don't think it would have changed a single thing in that game. Outside of 1 or two runs (and 1 JAP play) we couldn't run for much.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Another good takeaway is that when the OL is completely discombobulated in pass protection and Dak can't throw the ball straight that you need to rely on the god damn running game.
And you really shouldn't have to keep saying this.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just once I'd love to see a Cowboys OC stick it out with the running game and not panic just because they fall behind by 2 scores.
Amen!

This defense can hold up its end of the bargain.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't think it would have changed a single thing in that game. Outside of 1 or two runs (and 1 JAP play) we couldn't run for much.
They gave up on it way too early to tell.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm sorry but this will never not be funny. :lol

Top Bottom