Question on Air Conditioner Repair

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
That blown fuse prevented juice from being sent to the thermostat, so you were kind of on the right track. :lol
dang, I missed this thread, did the fuse look like this:

1607725564160.png

my system shuts down when this fuse breaks so I keep a few on hand for an easy fix

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
True but replacing the thermostat and not the fuse would have led to the same problem...
The fuse would never have blown to begin with if the thermostat was correct.

About FACE, mf'er!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah apparently the ant thing happens enough I got a contact cleaner from a AC tech buddy that actually had a picture of dead ants on it
Funny this just happened to me. Pulled it apart, saw dead ants on the contactor after trouble shooting some stuff. Used compressed air to clean it out and boomed worked like a charm. Never had that happen in my life but with 90-100 degree weather I'm very thankful to not have to wait for a repair guy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Funny this just happened to me. Pulled it apart, saw dead ants on the contactor after trouble shooting some stuff. Used compressed air to clean it out and boomed worked like a charm. Never had that happen in my life but with 90-100 degree weather I'm very thankful to not have to wait for a repair guy.
I once lost water to my entire house due to a single blade of grass in the contactor.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
95% of AC issues in the summertime are the result of a failed start capacitor. If the fan isn’t turning, take the cage off the top and give the fan a spin with your hand. If the fan pops on and keeps spinning, it’s your capacitor. A 30.00 part.

Top Bottom