President Trump Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You totally missed the fucking point.

There is no remorse. And for a guy that said, verbatim, that it would just go away etc., he has totally botched it.

He is doubling down on the ignorance of his base. And judging by you, he's probably right.

But please, go on. Continue to think he has behaved in a proactive fashion.

The Woodward tapes were fake, blah blah blah.
1. What words would you have him use?

2. It will go away. He is right.

3. He cut off travel to and from China very early in this nonsense, so he was proactive.

What else you got?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
doesn't this mean we did things almost perfectly and that the number would have been much higher had we not? how does that reflect poorly on Trump, esp since Birx has always been complimentary towards him?
Basically best case scenario happened and somehow Booze says that doesn't matter and those deaths are on Trumps hands. I get it, Fuck Trump and all that. But by that criteria no one could have succeeded.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn. You want some activity on this board?

Post about Donald Trump.

Especially when it is negative.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
People still would have died. The only way to have really done better was to enact travel bans before it got here. Quarantine all of New York once it did.
And stop Cuomo from sending covid pos people to nursing homes

Cotton

Staff member
That is irrelevant to taking control of it. It has affected all layers of business and you can't just blame it on an ideology.

He had the chance to be a leader and get in front of it. He failed. Miserably.
Well, let's examine this.

It affected all layers of business because idiot governors (including Abbott in Texas) shut down the economy. You may not realize it, but Trump didn't shut down the economy, the state governors did. Trump had zero control over individual states decisions. But, orange man bad, right? Everything has to be his fault.

I seriously hope that you don't actually believe the nonsense you're spewing.

Cotton

Staff member

Post about Donald Trump.

Especially when it's negative?? :lol

You mean when it's a lie?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Basically best case scenario happened and somehow Booze says that doesn't matter and those deaths are on Trumps hands. I get it, Fuck Trump and all that. But by that criteria no one could have succeeded.
legitimate criticisms of Trump is that he undersold the virus, set a bad example when it came to wearing masks and continues to hold risky rallies indoors. but there's nothing he denied the governors, be it respirators, medical ships, or fast-tracked vaccine trials.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it’s pretty incredible what he has accomplished when you consider what has been thrown against him since he took office. He has not had one day of cooperation from the democrats and even some republicans with self serving agendas. I can’t think of another President that has faced so much crap from the US Congress and survived it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Post about Donald Trump.

Well to be fair, stupidity has always been a magnet/target on this board. Blood in the water, and all that...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it’s pretty incredible what he has accomplished when you consider what has been thrown against him since he took office. He has not had one day of cooperation from the democrats and even some republicans with self serving agendas. I can’t think of another President that has faced so much crap from the US Congress and survived it.
He is an outsider. They all hate that an outsider took the job some of them wanted and couldn't get. Doesn't help that he is an ass sometimes either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He is an outsider. They all hate that an outsider took the job some of them wanted and couldn't get. Doesn't help that he is an ass sometimes either.
That seems to be the biggest mirage about Trump. A lot of people cant get past his personality and see what he is doing as Chief Executive. Yeah he is always bordering on Asinine but I recall an individual by the name of Cassius Clay (subsequently Mohamed Ali) who had the same traits and turned a lot of people off but the end result is that he delivered and is regarded as one of the all time heavyweights

Cotton

Staff member
Well to be fair, stupidity has always been a magnet/target on this board. Blood in the water, and all that...
Man, is that ever a fact. :lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Did we ever get an answer as to what exactly he did wrong and what he should have done differently? Just lock us all down forever like some of the Euro countries where cases are rising as they're finally coming out of hiding?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Did we ever get an answer as to what exactly he did wrong and what he should have done differently? Just lock us all down forever like some of the Euro countries where cases are rising as they're finally coming out of hiding?
Doesnt matter what he would have done. He is wrong because he is Trump.

Cotton

Staff member

You knew it was coming.

Top Bottom