President Trump Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

They're scared :lol

Sheik

DCC 4Life
What percentage of chance would you give to seeing a replacement nominated and voted through before november 3rd?

It literally could hinge on Romney’s vote, and he’s may be just enough never trump to throw a wrench in the whole thing.

I give it a 70% chance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What percentage of chance would you give to seeing a replacement nominated and voted through before november 3rd?

It literally could hinge on Romney’s vote, and he’s may be just enough never trump to throw a wrench in the whole thing.

I give it a 70% chance.
The sad thing is the Justice has nothing to do with Trump if it's a legit candidate but Romney has basically crossed sides. I'm sure he won't vote with his head, he just hates Trump too much.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The sad thing is the Justice has nothing to do with Trump if it's a legit candidate but Romney has basically crossed sides. I'm sure he won't vote with his head, he just hates Trump too much.
Cruz said earlier that they have the votes to do this. I wanna see it.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Cruz said earlier that they have the votes to do this. I wanna see it.
For the SCOTUS opening I think Trump should nominate Lagoa, personally. Use the Dems identity politics against them.
Because I think if they tried to character assassinate Lagoa, with her being a (Cuban American) Latina woman it could possibly sink the Hispanic vote significantly for Biden.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It’s game over if they push this pick through.

What happens when the other side feels like they’ve lost everything? 6-3 will see the overturning of RVW, people are going to be hysterical.

I’m convinced of two things right now.

1. If this pick isn’t confirmed with the next 25 days, Trump will lose this election.

2. If that nominee is confirmed in 25 days, Trump will win. This breaks the spirit of otherwise amped up voters. What’s left after that?

Either way, Trump’s nominee will likely be through by the end of Congress 2020. That is going to be the bomb that goes off and if we’ll ever see a civil war, this is it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
1. If this pick isn’t confirmed with the next 25 days, Trump will lose this election.
Absolutely do not agree. I think it actually helps his chances if not confirmed by election day.

1. They will have drug the nominee through the dirt so bad by that point that independents will lean over to Trump's side

2. Voters that may have stayed at home will get out to vote knowing that there is even more invested in this election with the seat open

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Absolutely do not agree. I think it actually helps his chances if not confirmed by election day.

1. They will have drug the nominee through the dirt so bad by that point that independents will lean over to Trump's side

2. Voters that may have stayed at home will get out to vote knowing that there is even more invested in this election with the seat open
I think Mitch absolutely gets this to a vote by 11/3, now whether we end up with a squish R that flips at the last minute I have no idea.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We've already got rino conservatives like David French saying we should make a handshake deal with dems that they agree not to expand scotus. Problem is every handshake deal we make with them they renig on, see Reagan amnesty for border wall & Bush Sr tax hike for spending cuts.

At some point you have to realize they are Lucy holding the football

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We've already got rino conservatives like David French saying we should make a handshake deal with dems that they agree not to expand scotus. Problem is every handshake deal we make with them they renig on, see Reagan amnesty for border wall & Bush Sr tax hike for spending cuts.

At some point you have to realize they are Lucy holding the football
Yeah, fuck every bit of that. No more handshake deals. These people absolutely can't be trusted.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, fuck every bit of that. No more handshake deals. These people absolutely can't be trusted.
I mean ffs they were threatening to do that before RBG died

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They expect civility and bipartisanship after they ratfucked a decent man like Kavanaugh? FOAD.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, Romney said he'd support a vote, not that he'd vote for the candidate. Wouldn't be surprised if he voted no just to virtue signal to his new party.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Eh, Romney said he'd support a vote, not that he'd vote for the candidate. Wouldn't be surprised if he voted no just to virtue signal to his new party.
I had a similar thought, but Romney's actual statement echoed Republican talking points and against the Democrats'. He could have just said he'll vote, but instead he basically said that going by precedent the Republicans are right on this and the Democrats are wrong. Sounds to me like he intends on doing the right thing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I had a similar thought, but Romney's actual statement echoed Republican talking points and against the Democrats'. He could have just said he'll vote, but instead he basically said that going by precedent the Republicans are right on this and the Democrats are wrong. Sounds to me like he intends on doing the right thing.
Or he looked at some recent poll numbers....

Top Bottom