Post Let Down Obversations

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I think the "field" answered some questions last night, but lets not blur the lines to much. Just keeping it simple.

The Rams out coached us. We made some bad moves and let them continue, i think we all saw Steel out there. Something the coaches would have adjusted and helped.

I think our OLINE isnt as good as advertised.

Our run stopping needs help.

McVey had no fear of us, as soon as Elliot showed hes willing to win the game, Cowboys went in another direction.

Amari Cooper is just that, i was against the first round pick, but thats no longer a debate, CeeDee and Gallup will be removing him by next year.

I think KM is a college boy who will do better in college than the pros. lets end this experiment.

There is a lot more, feel free to chime in.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The OL is not in great shape but there's also not a ton to be done about it. Collins is just hurt. Having an elite swing tackle isn't on the menu for most teams, not when you've invested so much into your starters. Tyron Smith is really starting to look like the miles are getting to him, but the solution is for the rest of the OL to step up around him and let him transition to not being the best player on it anymore. But to that end, Collins is hurt and Frederick quit on us.

Biadasz was a nice pick but he's gonna take time. Connor Williams is what he is at guard, it seems, which is not as terrible as some say but he's slightly underpowered and is never gonna be able to handle a bull rush from the best DT in football. McGovern taking a step would have been nice, not sure what he did this offseason, but there was no true training camp so hard to get a full read on whether he stagnated or whether he just couldn't show what he had to offer.

You have to feel like if McGovern and Biadasz develop we are still in fine shape, they are just young and we have injuries at bad times. And of course it strikes at RT where we have no depth, not at guard or center where we have options.

As far as being outcoached, I dunno, I'd like to say McVay has our number, except we put a thumping on them in Dallas last year, in a game the Rams needed just as much as we did. But he seems to have a real comfort level calling plays against our defense in general. Certainly I do not think our defense really could have ever stopped them if they felt they needed to score. We got some stops in clock-killing situations for them, which is completely different than must score situations to defend against. I didn't have any confidence in getting a stop defending a lead.

But offense and defense both seemed without answers last night. Hopefully it's an aberration.

Cooper was ok. Yes he's gonna do Cooper things like coming up small by dropping a first down pass at key points, but you've gotta live with the ten other catches he had and learn to call Gallup or Lamb's number in crunch time.

Overall very disheartened with the game plan. Need to see more cohesion on both sides of the ball, and fast, if this team is to be a contender.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
The OL is not in great shape but there's also not a ton to be done about it. Collins is just hurt. Having an elite swing tackle isn't on the menu for most teams, not when you've invested so much into your starters. Tyron Smith is really starting to look like the miles are getting to him, but the solution is for the rest of the OL to step up around him and let him transition to not being the best player on it anymore. But to that end, Collins is hurt and Frederick quit on us.

Biadasz was a nice pick but he's gonna take time. Connor Williams is what he is at guard, it seems, which is not as terrible as some say but he's slightly underpowered and is never gonna be able to handle a bull rush from the best DT in football. McGovern taking a step would have been nice, not sure what he did this offseason, but there was no true training camp so hard to get a full read on whether he stagnated or whether he just couldn't show what he had to offer.

You have to feel like if McGovern and Biadasz develop we are still in fine shape, they are just young and we have injuries at bad times. And of course it strikes at RT where we have no depth, not at guard or center where we have options.

As far as being outcoached, I dunno, I'd like to say McVay has our number, except we put a thumping on them in Dallas last year, in a game the Rams needed just as much as we did. But he seems to have a real comfort level calling plays against our defense in general. Certainly I do not think our defense really could have ever stopped them if they felt they needed to score. We got some stops in clock-killing situations for them, which is completely different than must score situations to defend against. I didn't have any confidence in getting a stop defending a lead.

But offense and defense both seemed without answers last night. Hopefully it's an aberration.

Cooper was ok. Yes he's gonna do Cooper things like coming up small by dropping a first down pass at key points, but you've gotta live with the ten other catches he had and learn to call Gallup or Lamb's number in crunch time.

Overall very disheartened with the game plan. Need to see more cohesion on both sides of the ball, and fast, if this team is to be a contender.

well that was JUST an awesome post.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I also feel if McVay wanted to keep running it down our throat, like he did in that win that sent us in a tizzy, he defintely could have, it was like the Cowboys were standing on the sidelines saying "oh yea, do that again" and he was smiling as his runners had free reign.

We did absolutely nothing to scare them.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
That has been his whole tenure here, we ll get flashes, we ll get him sometimes, but for the heat Jeff Heath took, he made some plays, but Jaylon just isnt consistent. and he ll live a good life off selling it to Jerry

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Something that seems to have flown under the radar SINCE the game ended is, criminy, Jaylon Smith.

We need more out of that guy.
You're too kind... he's an embarrassment.

Seriously, you can get better play out of any random, generic LB you watch on Sundays. At least those randos are putting out legit effort. Smith is just a big name and a story at this point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I'm very down on our linebackers in general. One looks limited physically and lost way too often, the other can't stay healthy, and for that matter the OTHER other can't stay healthy.

Might be time for Gifford, Joe Thomas and Francis Bernard pretty soon.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Seriously, you can get better play out of any random, generic LB you watch on Sundays. At least those randos are putting out legit effort. Smith is just a big name and a story at this point.
Get a unmovable nose tackle and I think Jaylon might play better.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

He can go and Lawrence can go.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I'm very down on our linebackers in general. One looks limited physically and lost way too often, the other can't stay healthy, and for that matter the OTHER other can't stay healthy.

Might be time for Gifford, Joe Thomas and Francis Bernard pretty soon.
yeah, the linebacking corps is a mess. I have no confidence in any of the starters currently. I think 2018 was a mirage.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Last night's loss was one of those that felt like we were beaten a lot worse than the final score showed.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Vander Esch is going to go to the 49ers and be a pro bowler like Mike Walter did in the 80s. Just a random prediction.

He’s having a rough go here. Disappointing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Vander Esch is going to go to the 49ers and be a pro bowler like Mike Walter did in the 80s. Just a random prediction.

He’s having a rough go here. Disappointing.
LVE is going the way of Lee. Fragile.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom