Poll: What needs to happen for the season to be considered a success?

What needs to happen for the season to be considered a success?

• At least have a winning record

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What would you consider a successful season?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is tricky because I voted for at least the conference championship game, but honestly I'm not sure they're capable of it.

But the issue is, the market to improve to that point and beyond was out there. So I feel like the season should be measured against that standard.

Cotton

Staff member
This is tricky because I voted for at least the conference championship game, but honestly I'm not sure they're capable of it.

But the issue is, the market to improve to that point and beyond was out there. So I feel like the season should be measured against that standard.
A good follow up question would be, what would the season's result have to be for McCarthy to get fired after just two seasons.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
To me the only question that matter is what it'd take to fire McCarthy, and I'd only do so if we miss the playoffs. Going one and done wouldn't necessarily be a "success", just enough to keep him around for another year but still on the relative hotseat.

Winning one playoff game would be a solid season and should be the general expectation, which some may consider "success".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming general health I think it goes:

Miss Playoffs -> McCarthy fired
One and Done -> Back in 2022 but likely needs to win at least one playoff game to not be fired
Win One -> Back in 2022 with a bit more leeway, but should probably still be fired if he can't win a playoff game next season
Win Two -> Job security for at least 3 years, barring something crazy
Win Three -> Coach for life (in Jerry's mind)

Cotton

Staff member
Assuming general health I think it goes:

Miss Playoffs -> McCarthy fired
One and Done -> Back in 2022 but likely needs to win at least one playoff game to not be fired
Win One -> Back in 2022 with a bit more leeway, but should probably still be fired if he can't win a playoff game next season
Win Two -> Job security for at least 3 years, barring something crazy
Win Three -> Coach for life (in Jerry's mind)
This is about how I see it, except I agree with Geng if Dak goes down he may be given an extra year if we miss the playoffs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is about how I see it, except I agree with Geng if Dak goes down he may be given an extra year if we miss the playoffs.
Losing your QB for the year makes the outcome completely unpredictable so I'd rather not even consider it, but if 2021 was a repeat of 2020 I do think he'd be back.

Top Bottom