Poll: What grade would you give the Cowboys for their offseason (coaching changes, free agency, draft, etc.)?

What grade would you give the Cowboys for their offseason (coaching changes, free agency, draft, etc

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Long ass offseason.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm not highly impressed with their draft or FA, but I don't envision Poe level busts either. And I do like Parson and Joseph. If Parsons is a stud out of the gate that changes everything.

I'm cautiously hopeful about Quinn but a bit concerned that his scheme might be outdated a skosh.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not highly impressed with their draft or FA, but I don't envision Poe level busts either. And I do like Parson and Joseph. If Parsons is a stud out of the gate that changes everything.

I'm cautiously hopeful about Quinn but a bit concerned that his scheme might be outdated a skosh.
Just getting rid of Nolan should automatically give it a C. Then you factor in the draft, FA, hiring of Quinn and it should be another to bump it up another grade.

Genghis Khan

Just getting rid of Nolan should automatically give it a C. Then you factor in the draft, FA, hiring of Quinn and it should be another to bump it up another grade.

I agree with your premise, but I'm not sure the replacement coaches and players impress me enough to bump it up beyond that C. Maybe I'd say C+.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Quinn was close to a best case scenario hire at DC and given the fact that they never do shit in FA I think adding Neal, Basham and Urban was decent enough.

I'd generally give the draft about a B as well, so all in all I feel like it's a B/B-.

Genghis Khan

Quinn was close to a best case scenario hire at DC and given the fact that they never do shit in FA I think adding Neal, Basham and Urban was decent enough.

I'd generally give the draft about a B as well, so all in all I feel like it's a B/B-.

I just feel like they could have done better but didn't want to spend. That hurts the grade for me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just feel like they could have done better but didn't want to spend. That hurts the grade for me.
Yea it comes down to whether you grade on a curve or not, if so the haul is good, if not it's average at best.

I kind of split the difference and went with B given that I thought the draft was about a B and that Quinn was a very good hire which somewhat balances the average at best FA haul.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I selected B, but I wanted to select B-, which wasn’t available.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
to be fair this is an odd poll because we wont know the answers until the end of the year. end of the year also gives a lot of fans their new opinions. but thats another issue.

very few drafts will give talented teams instant help across the boards. we ARE hoping Parson gives us immediate help but the rest of the draft right now, very meh. Yes yes the media is doing the sunshine pumping, but camp and season are two different modes. So we know very little.

Was FA good? in a long answer, no but this answer cant be answered until we know if Quinn can do the one job we need him to do. Its a simple job, but its complex for a lot of Coordinators because they think they can out think the NFL when all they have to do is the simpliest of jobs. Lets hope Quinn can get the job done.

Staffing hires? we wont know ever, who knows what McAdoo can really do or impact he ll have, if you like him he ll help if you dont like him you wont notice his impact.

Two issues i am looking at and will have bigger impacts, did MM evaluate the team and get good information? well we will know with how the roster shapes up. Looking at safety and back up QB spots.

the bigger issue, bringing in Quinn and keeping Kellen Moore. Why are these important? Easily answered, Quinn has got to get the defense to get at the qbs,fail to do this and offenses are going to go wild on us. Why KM? also easy, will he streamline the offense to be effective? this is very hard. KM likes to think he too can out think the NFL and in the process have issues with the red zone. instead of playing the hot hand, he ll try to get creative and instead of going with what works, he thinks he can out scheme them. He has to zone in on one job, get in the red zone as effective as he can. IF EE cant get 4 yards but Pollard does, keepplaying Pollard. IF Amari is making catches or Gallup, keep using them. the 5th WR is not as good as the 1st WR. He needs to be effective, not just creative, creativity is nice, but sometimes simple works better.

Top Bottom