PFT: Week 10 power rankings

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So the Cardinals have now beaten 3 of the top five teams record-wise in the NFC. One of which they beat with their backup QB.

9-1 overall.

I get that they aren't the most talented, and they don't often win pretty.

But until proven otherwise, they are the number one team in a legit power ranking.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So the Cardinals have now beaten 3 of the top five teams record-wise in the NFC. One of which they beat with their backup QB.

9-1 overall.

I get that they aren't the most talented, and they don't often win pretty.

But until proven otherwise, they are the number one team in a legit power ranking.
Yeah, I don't see how there's much debating that. They find ways to win, talent or not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They find ways to win but they also have the look of a team that loses their first playoff game after a bye. I'd certainly have no fear if we had to go to Arizona in the playoffs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They find ways to win but they also have the look of a team that loses their first playoff game after a bye. I'd certainly have no fear if we had to go to Arizona in the playoffs.
This is the point. You can name them number 1 in a power ranking all you want. But if the playoffs started today would they be the team you pick to win it all? If not then they shouldn't hold the top spot in your power rankings.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is the point. You can name them number 1 in a power ranking all you want. But if the playoffs started today would they be the team you pick to win it all? If not then they shouldn't hold the top spot in your power rankings.
That's pretty much where I am coming from also. I think there are other teams that would eliminate them but as I said we will see when it all shakes out.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's the difference between power rankings and NCAA rankings.

Top Bottom