PFT: Sean Lee plans to play in 2020, even if not for the Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sean Lee plans to play in 2020, even if not for the Cowboys

Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2020, 1:48 PM EST

Sean Lee may be leaving the Cowboys, but he may not be leaving the NFL.

The 33-year-old Lee, due to become an unrestricted free agent in March, hopes to play in 2020.

I’m focusing on playing as of now,” Lee told SI.com regarding whether he’d retire to go into coaching.

So where will he play?

“I’m still deciding,” Lee said. “I’m waiting to kind of explore what some of my options are.”

A nine-year veteran who arrived via round two of the 2010 draft, Lee appeared in all 16 games for the first time in his career in 2019.

data

Forbes #1
Could be an ideal 1-year fit for the Panthers.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I am done with the "coach on the field" guys. Farewell, Captain Lee.
Neither of our young, athletic LBers have much between their ears. The moment they lost their fantastic coach in Eberflus their play fell to shit. I'd bring Lee back if it's reasonable. Nobody is gonna pay him a bundle.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Neither of our young, athletic LBers have much between their ears. The moment they lost their fantastic coach in Eberflus their play fell to shit. I'd bring Lee back if it's reasonable. Nobody is gonna pay him a bundle.
How much of that was from the dysfunction between Bloom and Richard though?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Or no real DT
Yeah our interior line play really didn't let the LBers flow to the ball. That is a fair excuse. However, in coverage both looked totally, absolutely lost. Not much blaming the DTs there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah our interior line play really didn't let the LBers flow to the ball. That is a fair excuse. However, in coverage both looked totally, absolutely lost. Not much blaming the DTs there.
Our Lbers need to get healthy and playing with confidence again. I can't help but notice guys tackling went down hill this year.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Great idea, Sean. Maybe you can absorb more blows to the head or get a knee blown out again. What is with these guys?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Or no real DT
This right here is your answer to the LBer ailments. A DT that can keep the OGs off the LBers is invaluable in how your LBer corps looks. You let the guards get their hands on the LBers and you have doomed them to fail.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Totally valid but I do think there's something to be said about a LB in coverage that hasn't been directly taking on OGs all game

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Jaylon and LVE were bad in coverage at all. I mean when you ask Jaylon to cover a WR three plays in a row giving up a catch on 1 of the 3 is actually very good. The problem is you can't ask your LBers to do that every single play while the opposing QB knows that's exactly what you're doing. You have to mix it up.

Top Bottom