Pet cats, etc

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Since someone else didn't want to do it, I'll start the pet cats thread. Who do you want in each round and who are some guys that are a bit of a wild card that you like but may not be sure where they fall?

1st Green/Johnson
2nd Leo Chenal
3rd Sam Williams/Jeremy Ruckert/Shakhir
4th Haskell Garrett/ Neil Farrell
5th Danny Gray/ Hassan Haskins/ Alec Lindstrom
6th Derrick Deese/
7th/UDFA Cade York

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well fuck it, these are pet cats so we can trade the f up…

1st. Jordan Davis DT UGA
2nd. TIE: David Ojabo EDGE MICH/George Pickens WR UGA
3rd. Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU
4th. Zamir White RB UGA

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well fuck it, these are pet cats so we can trade the f up…

1st. Jordan Davis DT UGA
2nd. TIE: David Ojabo EDGE MICH/George Pickens WR UGA
3rd. Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU
4th. Zamir White RB UGA
Jordan Davis doesn't count since he's the pet cat of literally every poster on the board.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
@Cowboysrock55 best get his ass in here since he is the one that wanted this thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still a work in progress, just been busy. I'm skipping over first round guys. To me pet cats are guys outside of the first round. But this is a quick list of some guys I really like. I've been digging deep at WR. My thoughts are these are a lot of potential third round and later dudes that I really like or think are being undervalued potentially.

RB- PIERRE STRONG - Dude is just elusive, fast and ultra productive. His competition was shit but everything else about the dude is awesome. He is becoming a popular GEM by analysts now so he probably won't be available as late as I would hope. But if he is I think he could be a fun player in the NFL. 7 YPC and runs a 4.37 forty. He is also like 5'11" 207 pounds so he isn't a tiny scat back.

WR -
Alec Pierce- Just a really good athlete with great size. 6'3" 211 pounds and runs a legit 4.4 forty. Reminds me a bit of Jordy Nelson. He was the go to WR for Cincy and is a TD producer.

David Bell- So I'm not high on the guy in the sense that I want him in the third round. But I really like Bell. He is like 6'1" and runs a terrible forty. And everything you read will make it sound like he doesn't look explosive. But the guy gets open and catches the ball. He was extremely productive at Purdue with almost 3000 yards over 3 seasons, with 2020 being a shortened season. He absolutely torched Iowa which tells you he is a better athlete than the numbers or opinions show.

Khalil Shakir- The guy is electric and makes the tough catches. Just a hair under 6 foot but he is great in the open field, he is fast with his 4.43 forty type speed and he can make some crazy catches. I think he also impressed at the Senior Bowl.

Danny Gray- A lot like Shakir in terms of size, great speed and all that good stuff. Just a guy who could be a weapon as like your third option in an offense.

Tyquan Thornton- So this is kind of my boom or bust pet cat. He is fast, like really fast. And he has height and makes those jump ball catches. My concern with him is that he looks like a stiff breez could blow him away. He he kind of plays like it. You'll see him go up for a jump ball and make the catch but the defense basically knocks him 5 yards because he doesn't weight much. My hope would be to put 10-15 pounds on the dude and have something. Maybe that takes a year. But he has extra speed so if he loses a little with the weight it's ok.

Romeo Doubs (This is a guy I'm actually growing on a lot 6'2", with speed and really did a stellar job at Nevada)- This guy is sort of my special sleeper here. Ultra productive and he makes all the catches. Again, he combines the productivity of Ball with the speed and size that you like to see. I think there is a lot of upside here but with minimal downside.

TE-
Charlie Kolar- What's not to love, tall and productive TE. Pains me to have more Iowa State guys on my list than Iowa players but this is just a really solid TE prospect with crazy height.

Jake Ferguson- Solid all around TE prospect that has sort of average traits across the board. I think he will be a good player.

Cole Turner- Another productive Nevada receiver. Has freakish height and I think he is a good athlete.

OG-
Jamaree Salyer- Played LT at Georgia and shut down some of the top SEC rushers. Specifically played great against Alabama's stud pass rusher who will be a top 10 pick next year. Shift him to guard and I think you have a day one starter. Perfect build for it too.

Sean Rhyan- Similar to Salyer, he shut down Thibodeaux playing LT. That speaks volumes to me. He has excellent size and looks to shift from LT into LG.

Joshua Ezeudu- A guard who also played tackle. He has nice size, athleticism and strong hands. Again, just another solid dude who could fit a utility role possibly plug in as a starting LG.

Ed Ingram- More of a pure guard than the guys above him I think he is a really powerful dude. I think he is another starting NFL guard. These names are why I'm ok if we miss on one in the first.

Thayer Munford- Just a massive dude who played guard at Ohio State. Like a hair under 6'6" 330 pounds. I don't want small dudes on the interior of my o-line obviously and this guy isn't. Some day three guards are going to become really good NFL starters. And this is one of them in my opinion.

DE-
Sam Williams- We all are pretty familiar with him. Double digit sacks and sub 4.5 speed. That's all you really need to know. I think he has Quinn written all over him and he can be used in ways to really maximize that talent. He also isn't afraid to hit or be physical. Not a great run defender but to me has the strength and physicality to get better there.

Cameron Thomas- Not sure what happened to this guy. Was being talked about as a potential first and then fell off the map. Probably because there are just so many good pass rushers in this draft. But he is athletic, 6'4" 267 pounds and stupid productive. 20.5 TFLs and 11.5 sacks this last year. He is going to go in like the third round and when he starts in the NFL and produces everyone is going to wonder why he wasn't drafted higher.

Myjai Sanders- Skinny tall guy who actually plays the run really well. Not as explosive as Gregory but reminds me of him a bit in terms of size and stature. If he comes into the NFL and builds his body like Gregory did I think he could become a really good NFL DE.

DT-
Eyioma Uwazurike (I've been talking about this dude for awhile. Really big and can really get after the QB)- One of my favorite pet cats that I would love to see in Dallas. I know he isn't projected on the first two days so maybe I'm missing something but he is everything I want in a DT. 6'6" 315 pounds and had 9 sacks last year. When you watch him move he actually looks pretty damn athletic regardless of his 5.3 forty time. If you like a tall DT with some girth who can get the QB he fits the bill. Again, to me this is a guy just being overlooked.

Corner-
Coby Bryant- Not really into corners so I'll keep it brief. Thorpe award winner with length. And yes, he won the best DB in college while playing across from Sauce Gardner. That tells me a ton.

Zyon McCollum- Kind of my fun pet cat at corner. Played at Sam Houston State despite an offer from Utah because he wanted to play with his twin brother. He is a freak athlete at 6'2" with 4.33 speed. Guy again screams Quinn at corner but he actually has the explosive athletic traits to match the length.

Safety-
Dane Belton- My Iowa boy who doesn't get enough love. 5 picks last year, has really good size for a safety and ran a 4.4 forty. Played that cash position at Iowa but I think he brings everything you want at safety plus the added benefit that he will probably kill it on special teams.

Smoke Monday- More than just a cool name. He hits, he has size at 6'2" or a hair under and he runs well. Would be a fun player to have.

Markquese Bell- Maybe this is just a cheat because he was on our 30 visit list. But the more I look into him the more I like as a day three pick. 6'2" with 4.41 speed. Was productive in college. Was a top recruit who originally had offers from all the big boys. He went to Maryland but was suspended for a team violation. That's how he ended up at tiny Florida A&M but he made the most out of it. I think he is a true centerfield FS type.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There are guys that are better, of course, and would love to have. But these are guys after the obvious players I'd like after the first, and even down to the latter parts of the draft.

WR- Christian Watson, Jalen Tolbert, Danny Gray, Samuel Akem.

RB- Pierre Strong, Ty Chandler

TE- Charlie Kolar, Cole Turner, Daniel Bellinger

OL- Cole Strange, Sean Rhyan, Zach Tom, Matt Waletzko, Cordell Volson

DL- Otito Ogbonnia, Neil Farrell, Eyioma Uwazurike, Arnold Ebiketie, Sam Williams, Isaiah Thomas, Amare Barno

LB- Troy Anderson

CB- Haven't really looked at 'em.

S- Nick Cross, Brian Cook

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Leaving out guys who I think are round 1 locks or very likely to go in the top 5-10 picks of the 2nd.

2nd: Jalen Pitre, Quay Walker, Perrion Winfrey, Logan Hall, Christian Harris, Leo Chenal

3rd: Sam Williams, Khalil Shakir, Alec Pierce, Nick Cross, Jalen Tolbert, Channing Tindall, Jamaree Salyer, Greg Dulcich, Coby Bryant

4th: Charlie Kolar, Ed Ingram, Verone McKinley, Zamir White, DeAngelo Malone, Darrian Beavers, David Bell, Isaiah Thomas, Eyioma Uwazurike

5th: Kyren Williams, Damone Clark, Tariq Castro-Fields, Brandon Smith, Brian Robinson, Micheal Clemons, Kennedy Brooks, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Haskell Garrett, James Cook

UDFA: Grant Calcaterra, Tyree Johnson, Leon O'Neal Jr., Bubba Bolden, Max Borghi

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
David Bell- So I'm not high on the guy in the sense that I want him in the third round. But I really like Bell. He is like 6'1" and runs a terrible forty. And everything you read will make it sound like he doesn't look explosive. But the guy gets open and catches the ball. He was extremely productive at Purdue with almost 3000 yards over 3 seasons, with 2020 being a shortened season. He absolutely torched Iowa which tells you he is a better athlete than the numbers or opinions show.

Why are so many people banking on him to overcome his lack of pure athleticism?
He can be a functional possession receiver, but that is it.

Danny Gray- A lot like Shakir in terms of size, great speed and all that good stuff. Just a guy who could be a weapon as like your third option in an offense.
This guy may end up going way way sooner than any of us thought.

Way too much buzz around him.

I will be honest, I have not watched him beyond highlight videos with bad blaring rap music.

Jake Ferguson
- Solid all around TE prospect that has sort of average traits across the board. I think he will be a good player.
Ferguson used to be right up there with McBride . He has not been very visible on the visit circuit. But getting a guy like him with one of our precious fifths, it might work

Joshua Ezeudu
- A guard who also played tackle. He has nice size, athleticism and strong hands. Again, just another solid dude who could fit a utility role possibly plug in as a starting LG.
I am pretty convinced we are focused as hell on him and rightfully so.

DE-
Sam Williams- We all are pretty familiar with him. Double digit sacks and sub 4.5 speed. That's all you really need to know. I think he has Quinn written all over him and he can be used in ways to really maximize that talent. He also isn't afraid to hit or be physical. Not a great run defender but to me has the strength and physicality to get better there.
Quinn has already rolled around in the mud with him, so we know we like him.

Cameron Thomas-
Not sure what happened to this guy. Was being talked about as a potential first and then fell off the map. Probably because there are just so many good pass rushers in this draft. But he is athletic, 6'4" 267 pounds and stupid productive. 20.5 TFLs and 11.5 sacks this last year. He is going to go in like the third round and when he starts in the NFL and produces everyone is going to wonder why he wasn't drafted higher.
He is one player I must have lost track of during the process.

I recall he was a "first round" type before the offseason and he has been virtually silent the entire time during the draft season.

Is he hurt? It is just odd to see radio silence on a prospect visiting teams, etc.

Linderbaum is another curious case. I have not seen a damn thing where he has visited an NFL team's facility.

Zyon McCollum- Kind of my fun pet cat at corner. Played at Sam Houston State despite an offer from Utah because he wanted to play with his twin brother. He is a freak athlete at 6'2" with 4.33 speed. Guy again screams Quinn at corner but he actually has the explosive athletic traits to match the length.
He is another odd case. He should be blowing up as the sixth or seventh best corner and literally nothing about team interest.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why are so many people banking on him to overcome his lack of pure athleticism?

He can be a functional possession receiver, but that is it.
So I'm not infatuated. When I list him it's more like in the fifth round. If he is still there I take a shot on his insane good production. To me it's like the second WR in a double dip. Still he is probably the lowest of the WRs I listed. Like, I'm higher on Doubs for example.

Upside be damned he is a better receiver than Simi and Brown for sure in my opinion. Considering our situation at WR with Gallup being out for a month, I think Bell is a late pick who can step in and contribute right away. So if you take Shakir say in the third, I'd like to follow it up with a Doubs/Bell/Someone else later.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoa.

That good?
I know shocking, but I'm talking 5th round. I need guys better down the entire WR depth chart because I can't have Brown and Simi stepping on the field trying to catch passes. To start the season you need a third and fourth WR to accomplish that.

The guy stepped on the field and went for over 1000 yards as a freshman. In a game 6 game season he went over 600 yards. And then this past season he went for almost 1300 yards. The guy is used to being a lead dog. He gets open and he catches balls. The 4.6 -4.7 forty freaks me out. But workout numbers aren't everything. Sometimes a guy is just a football player.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Forgot Cameron Thomas, I'd definitely add him to my 2nd list, he's basically been invisible since he got hurt at the Combine. I like Ezeudu too, probably not enough to call him a pet cat though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Forgot Cameron Thomas, I'd definitely add him to my 2nd list, he's basically been invisible since he got hurt at the Combine. I like Ezeudu too, probably not enough to call him a pet cat though.
It is strange how there has been virtually nothing from him the whole time. Linderbaum also…I don’t think he has taken an official visit anywhere, That usually means there is some injury or character issue that didn’t get out. Either that or he is so clean, everyone is good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is strange how there has been virtually nothing from him the whole time. Linderbaum also…I don’t think he has taken an official visit anywhere, That usually means there is some injury or character issue that didn’t get out. Either that or he is so clean, everyone is good.
Yeah, I mean teams just might not be as high on these guys as we all thought. I won't be shocked if Linderbaum for example falls to the second round and everyone is sort of surprised on draft day wondering why he isn't taken. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the first round.

There are guys like Leal that have sort of dropped but we all hear about why and how the film and what not isn't as good as it should have been. Thomas just seems to be getting overlooked. Like all these other pass rushers have risen and people have just sort of lost track of him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
2nd: Jalen Pitre, Quay Walker, Perrion Winfrey, Logan Hall, Christian Harris, Leo Chenal
You think he’ll make it much past the top 5-10 of the 2nd? I have a feeling someone takes a flier in the late 1st.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You think he’ll make it much past the top 5-10 of the 2nd? I have a feeling someone takes a flier in the late 1st.
I don't see him going in the first. His tape at Oklahoma wasn't that impressive. Of course he looked like a stud at the Senior Bowl. I think Oklahoma just doesn't know what to do with Dlineman. But I don't think what he did in college will get a team to jump in the first.

Top Bottom