Patriots Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The beauty is, we know how great Belichick is at taking away your biggest strength. But this offense is so well rounded that no matter what you take away, they can still beat you in other ways.
We hope so anyway. I'm excited to see how they respond.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Left-handed implies a preference to either run vs. pass, we have no preference and can be equally deadly with either. So basically, good luck.
I like his answer but you're absolutely right. You have 1 or 2 stud receivers, Bill will take those from you. You have a great running game he will take that from you.

This team has so many dimensions though. You take Cooper away there is CD, Wilson and Schultz. You somehow manage to take that away and Zeke and Pollard will gash you. Just not easy to defense. The Pats will probably try to play keep away and that's their best chance.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I like his answer but you're absolutely right. You have 1 or 2 stud receivers, Bill will take those from you. You have a great running game he will take that from you.

This team has so many dimensions though. You take Cooper away there is CD, Wilson and Schultz. You somehow manage to take that away and Zeke and Pollard will gash you. Just not easy to defense. The Pats will probably try to play keep away and that's their best chance.
And no matter how it's going at the end of the half, that offense is gonna come out on fire in the 3rd...their halftime adjustments have been so surprising this season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Patriots like to throw to their TEs a lot. Hopefully, we see more of Jabril Cox in our base packages this week. While at NDSU, he covered TEs and RBs out of the backfield very well. With him, Parsons, Neal, LVEegro, and our new found competency at safety, we should be ok.

I readily admit to my NDSU Bison/Jabril Cox homerism, but this guy just has 'it'. I'm not trying to compare the two, as Woody is an all timer, but there are similarities in Jabril Cox's and Darren Woodson's game. I like Cox as a LBer, but I do think he could easily convert to a SS and play well if he had to.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
How bout that damn safety position?

Never woulda thunk it.

Really thought the success of that unit would hinge on Wilson this year, but getting him back from IR is like icing on the cake.

data

Forbes #1
White jerseys on Sunday. Things are looking up.
Which pants?

Weve fucked around with our navy jerseys, pairing it with the Color Rish white pants, which is our worst combo.

On one hand. I’d love to see us pair the away silver pants with the home white jerseys so it looks more so like the Staubach era, but I also fear we come out with a completely new abomination pants.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Which pants?
the usual blue ones

Weve fucked around with our navy jerseys, pairing it with the Color Rish white pants, which is our worst combo.

On one hand. I’d love to see us pair the away silver pants with the home white jerseys so it looks more so like the Staubach era, but I also fear we come out with a completely new abomination pants.
why they can't (or won't) match the pants to the bluish-gray helmets is a mystery

the hero.jpg

Top Bottom