Panthers Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Normally I wouldnt be worried about the Panthers. Still not worried about them too much. More worried about how we handle last nights win going forward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Normally I wouldnt be worried about the Panthers. Still not worried about them too much. More worried about how we handle last nights win going forward.
Yeah a little success can go to a teams head. I don't think we really have those types of players on the roster right now outside of Jaylon Smith but it's important to stay focused because the Panthers will play hard and play disciplined. We are the more talented team by far in my opinion but they aren't a pushover. They have at least shown they can win 3 games.

p1_

DCC 4Life
They are starting Sam Darnold, ya know. But that D...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Their defense is really sound and throws alot at offenses with their blitz packages. We'll win if we play well because we're the better team but they can't come out putzing around with turnovers and mistakes coming off a big win and expect the Panthers to roll over.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Their defense is really sound and throws alot at offenses with their blitz packages. We'll win if we play well because we're the better team but they can't come out putzing around with turnovers and mistakes coming off a big win and expect the Panthers to roll over.
They do seem a bit fragile. Things go right, great. But they are not as strong as say, the Chargers. If we let Darnold beat us again, we aren't as good as we think they are.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They do seem a bit fragile. Things go right, great. But they are not as strong as say, the Chargers. If we let Darnold beat us again, we aren't as good as we think they are.
Yea they need the game script to go according to their plan, which is to say they rely on their defense to not dig them holes so the offense can stay on schedule without asking Darnold to win the game on his own behind a shitty OL.

If they get down and become one dimensional behind a patchwork OL things could get real bad real fast.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cam Erving is their LT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess I better make it a point to watch the local sports on the Panthers and get back with you.

This shit is brewing though. More Panther shit on cars.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the first time in a while where I was excited to watch the game again the next day.

And then go back into this thread and follow along with the posts.

Got this one which is like a fuckin' prophet when we were all clawing our eyes out about crooked refs.

I’m not pissed about what we are trying to do. We gon be fine
So good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess I better make it a point to watch the local sports on the Panthers and get back with you.

This shit is brewing though. More Panther shit on cars.
Yeah there 3-0 start is a little deceptive in my opinion. They aren't THAT good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I feel like he is most of their offense.
They were able to adjust a little last week.

Chuba Hubbard looked okay.

McCaffrey is just a hell of an athlete that keeps getting hurt.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They were able to adjust a little last week.

Chuba Hubbard looked okay.

McCaffrey is just a hell of an athlete that keeps getting hurt.
He is one hell of an athlete who can run the ball well but he is also an insane receiver for a RB. Basically always open for the QB to dump the ball off to.

Hubbard might be ok running the ball but he isn't the same as a receiver.

DJ Moore is also a really good receiver but the rest of them are kind of trash. So hopefully we can either double him or figure out a way to have Diggs cover him most of the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's face it though. The Panthers beat the Jets and Texans (without their starting QB) two of the worst teams in the NFL. They did beat the Saints but Winston was god awful in that game and I have no idea why the Saints played so terrible. So the Panthers haven't really proven much yet. We just can't go in and lay a stinker like the Saints did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let's face it though. The Panthers beat the Jets and Texans (without their starting QB) two of the worst teams in the NFL. They did beat the Saints but Winston was god awful in that game and I have no idea why the Saints played so terrible. So the Panthers haven't really proven much yet. We just can't go in and lay a stinker like the Saints did.
That was the game where a whole bunch of the coaches missed due to COVID. I am sure that played a part on the offensive confusion. Don't get me wrong, I would kill for their DL, but they have weaknesses.

Top Bottom