NFL.com - Cowboys TE Rico Gathers eager to log game experience in '18

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Between Rico and Schultz and I'd lean Rico unless he picks it up soon.
It's funny because I read about all these balls he is catching in camp. But if they never move him from fourth on the depth chart, he's never going to have a chance at making the roster. Maybe they think they can be coy and sneak him on the practice squad. Learning a little from last year that great preseason play won't help them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All but Swaim
I’m not giving up Schultz yet. For that matter I haven’t seen enough of Jarwin to give up on him either. I dump Rico in that scenario.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
If Rico is so raw or just plain bad he can't get inserted until the last series in a completely meaningless pre-season game it's probably time to churn someone else into his spot asap. I wonder if he's in the doghouse for reasons other than his play. It doesn't make a lot of sense to not put him out there sooner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Rico is so raw or just plain bad he can't get inserted until the last series in a completely meaningless pre-season game it's probably time to churn someone else into his spot asap. I wonder if he's in the doghouse for reasons other than his play. It doesn't make a lot of sense to not put him out there sooner.
That's the thing, I've read nothing but great reports of his play during camp. Granted I did read he got yelled at a bunch but I've also read and seen that he is catching a ton of balls. I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to downgrade his value to the rest of the NFL to sneak him on the practice squad. Silly if you ask me. Still think he is by far our best receiving TE.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's the thing, I've read nothing but great reports of his play during camp. Granted I did read he got yelled at a bunch but I've also read and seen that he is catching a ton of balls. I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to downgrade his value to the rest of the NFL to sneak him on the practice squad. Silly if you ask me. Still think he is by far our best receiving TE.
How many years are they going to do this and why?

Top Bottom