NCAA Football: Will there be a season in 2020?

NCAA Football: Will there be a season in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes but shortened

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Yes but cancelled after starting because of surge in infections

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
no, the schools will play it safe. i dont care if there is a season or not as it wont affect me, however id prefer if there was a season so we can get past this mess. However i see the schools playing the safe route and dragging this out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah I see even less chance the NCAA has a season than the NFL, and if there is one, way more likely that the NCAA season is shortened.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah I see even less chance the NCAA has a season than the NFL, and if there is one, way more likely that the NCAA season is shortened.
That's pretty much how I see it as well.

CFB doesn't have the luxury of extending their season like pro sports leagues. And I doubt draft eligible players will be willing to play games into late January or early February either. Especially if the NFL combine and university pro days aren't moved to the right.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I really hope CFB takes a smarter approach to this than what it sounds like the NBA will be doing.

From the sounds of it the Adam Silver and the NBA decision makers are all in bastardizing not only this season but next season as well in order to squeeze in these missed games.

I'm not a fan of that at all. I wish they'd just cut their losses. No need to wreck the 2020-2021 season as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
H
If you start the season what would be the point of shortening it? The crowds for 7 - 10 games wouldn’t be much different than 12 -14 games as far as any exposure to the virus. Plus if you shorten the season you will almost assuredly have to preclude any post season tournaments to determine championships because of all the hoopla of who really deserves to be in the post season since they didn’t go a full slate for the rankings.

midswat

... soon
Yes. Too much money involved and the media can only drive the false mass hysteria narrative before people get bored with it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think every single team will be playing but I do think there will be games where there are pockets of stability as far as a lack of outbreaks/cases.

If I had to make a wild guess I'd say about 70% of teams will be playing, but schedules might have to be reworked on the fly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the college season. But I think they will find a way.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Listen, Mr. New Poll Maker Person, you're supposed to make polls public. It says so right there in the DCC manual.

I wanted it to show how people voted but I didn't see an option to do this, is that what you're referring to?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Listen, Mr. New Poll Maker Person, you're supposed to make polls public. It says so right there in the DCC manual.
Hey man, you changed things up after I made my post, I didn't have this option when I made my post:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm starting to think there will be an NFL season. I don't think people will accept being locked down for four more months. And I think many people will be willing to risk it anyway given the odds of survival.

I do think attendance will be affected, though.

Not sure how states like California will factor in, but I have a hard time seeing individual governors being able to shut down the biggest sports league in the world.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm starting to think there will be an NFL season. I don't think people will accept being locked down for four more months. And I think many people will be willing to risk it anyway given the odds of survival.

I do think attendance will be affected, though.

Not sure how states like California will factor in, but I have a hard time seeing individual governors being able to shut down the biggest sports league in the world.
California is always a shitshow when it comes to professional sports. Sponsors will flock for professional sports in Southern California but the fan support is pitiful. San Francisco is the only stable market and that’s primarily because they go way back in the leagues history. LA lost their base when the team went to St. Louis. They can’t seem to get the new generations interested enough in the current franchise and the local government is adamant about not allowing an owner to have a new stadium.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hey man, you changed things up after I made my post, I didn't have this option when I made my post:

I didn't change anything, Smarty McSmartison.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I didn't change anything, Smarty McSmartison.
I don't see how I overlooked clicking that box since I wanted to see how everyone voted

can you do anything behind the scenes to to fix it after the fact?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't see how I overlooked clicking that box since I wanted to see how everyone voted

can you do anything behind the scenes to to fix it after the fact?
I don't believe so. I will look into it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
California is always a shitshow when it comes to professional sports. Sponsors will flock for professional sports in Southern California but the fan support is pitiful. San Francisco is the only stable market and that’s primarily because they go way back in the leagues history. LA lost their base when the team went to St. Louis. They can’t seem to get the new generations interested enough in the current franchise and the local government is adamant about not allowing an owner to have a new stadium.
You make it seem like people cared about football when the Rams were there the first time. I grew up in L.A., and trust me, no one gave a shit. Hell, the Rams didn't even play in L.A. county.

Top Bottom