NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The problem is that he needs to be a point center surrounded by 4 guys who can shoot at least 37% or so from 3 on high volume so that he can operate in the paint, while Embiid is a good shooter for a center he primarily operates in the paint and isn't going to be a guy who spends half the game spotting up to let Simmons do his thing.

Long story short, they're a bad fit and Embiid is the better player so Simmons has to go. If you surround him with shooters and let him run the offense I think he'd be great, Chicago would make a lot of sense if they could somehow swing a deal without Lavine involved.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

My biggest issue with Simmons is he doesn't even try to improve. He just seems to work on the stuff he's already good at. His attitude is, I am what I am. He literally says that. HIs brother is his shooting coach.

He averaged about 16/8/8 as a rookie. A good day from him today would be 16/8/8. He's basically the same player he was his rookie season. That's ridiculous.

Genghis Khan

JoJo is a monster. He deserves better than to be paired with Simmons.

He really does. And he's trying to be nice and dance around the issue.

But when asked after the game if they should run it back next year...

"It's tricky."

That's a no.

Then there's this quote...

Then there's his reaction when Simmons passed up the wide open dunk...

Genghis Khan

I feel bad watching that video, you can tell Embiid is playing on a torn miniscus just watching him walk.

That's a God damn warrior and absolutely he deserves a better #2.

I do have faith in Morey so hopefully he can get something done.

Genghis Khan

The thing is, THIS was the year.

The league is wide open this year. That doesn't happen that often, and probably is only true this season because of the Nets injuries.

Missed opportunity.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I feel bad watching that video, you can tell Embiid is playing on a torn miniscus just watching him walk.

That's a God damn warrior and absolutely he deserves a better #2.

I do have faith in Morey so hopefully he can get something done.
Right.

You just know he wanted to rip his ass, and he probably should have. And nobody would have questioned it. That was the game right there. As soon as I saw that, I knew we were done. And the last bit of my support for Simmons was gone.

Dude has all the talent in the world, but has a serious case of the yips and instead of working to get thru it, just lets it burrow deeper and deeper into his head.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, it sounds like Jason Kidd is coming back to the Mavs. Not sure how I feel about this. I have not followed his coaching career very closely.

Top Bottom