NBA Chatter Thread

data

Forbes #1
Been decades since I followed NBA, but anyone bothered by how many 3-pointers in today’s game? kinda like NFLs passing stats, It was kinda fun when Curry first came out, but now it’s on another level. At least three pointers are just better shooters, not artificially inflated like NFL passing rules

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Been decades since I followed NBA, but anyone bothered by how many 3-pointers in today’s game? kinda like NFLs passing stats, It was kinda fun when Curry first came out, but now it’s on another level. At least three pointers are just better shooters, not artificially inflated like NFL passing rules
Made the game a lot less fun to watch. Now, a lot of the time the offense is basically ran to get the open 3. Very boring.

Dump it in, kick it out, shoot the three. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Snore.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, it sucks. Basically every team wants either a 3 or a layup. So guys just float around the perimeter and drive or jack it up, over and over again. The midrange game is dead, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Top priority for the Celtics this offseason should be to find themselves a real PG. Tatum & Brown's lack of ball handling skills and poor decision making have killed the Celtics in the Finals.

The Warriors aren't even forcing most of the turnovers. Pretty much half of the Celtics turnovers come from them simply throwing the ball away on dumb ass pass attempts.

Tatum: Let me try to throw a weak cross court pass through the path of 5 defenders who are all staring right at me. :dunce

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Top priority for the Celtics this offseason should be to find themselves a real PG. Tatum & Brown's lack of ball handling skills and poor decision making have killed the Celtics in the Finals.

The Warriors aren't even forcing most of the turnovers. Pretty much half of the Celtics turnovers come from them simply throwing the ball away on dumb ass pass attempts.

Tatum: Let me try to throw a weak cross court pass through the path of 5 defenders who are all staring right at me. :dunce
I have to admit this is probably the most I have paid attention to basketball in a very long time. It's because we have seen a bit of a return to the develop your own talent as opposed to slap together a super team. You look at the Celtics and the Warriors and it feels like their best players have been developed by their teams. The Lebron's and Kevin Durant's of the world kind of made basketball not enjoyable to me. But what's going on now is at least fun to watch. There is also a bit of a feeling of parity in the NBA. It wasn't like the finals could just be predicted before the season started.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have to admit this is probably the most I have paid attention to basketball in a very long time. It's because we have seen a bit of a return to the develop your own talent as opposed to slap together a super team. You look at the Celtics and the Warriors and it feels like their best players have been developed by their teams. The Lebron's and Kevin Durant's of the world kind of made basketball not enjoyable to me. But what's going on now is at least fun to watch. There is also a bit of a feeling of parity in the NBA. It wasn't like the finals could just be predicted before the season started.
A lot of people have made those same points. I didn't watch a single second of the 2018 Finals because I was fed up watching the same Warriors vs Cavs matchup.

Top Bottom