Must See Movies

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

There appears to be a big marketing push for this shit show. On the ground though, and maybe I'm wrong, but there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of interest in this from your average person.

This got made at all because LeBron has money and pushed for it because he wants to be Jordan.

The difference is Jordan had/has much more respect and appreciation from people. LeBron...not so much.

And hell, Looney Tunes is barely hanging on in popularity especially with kids and younger people.

Biggest difference between LeBron and Jordan? Jordan just shaved his head when the time came. LeBron would rather wear fake hair than risk looking bad. But in reality that makes you look way worse.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching the original Hitchcock Rear Window for the first time since college, maybe even before.

Jimmy Stewart was a fucking Peeping Tom.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Biggest difference between LeBron and Jordan? Jordan just shaved his head when the time came. LeBron would rather wear fake hair than risk looking bad. But in reality that makes you look way worse.
I did notice that he was sporting a full head of hair in the movie. Kind of like Witten when he was doing MNF. And once Witten returned to playing football ESPN took his hair back.

I don't think Lebron is shaving it all off because I believe he plans on going the Urlacher/Deion Sanders route as soon as he retires. If you have the money to fix your hair, go for it.

Genghis Khan

Watching the original Hitchcock Rear Window for the first time since college, maybe even before.

Jimmy Stewart was a fucking Peeping Tom.

I love Hitchcock and I love Stewart. Great choice.

And yes Stewart's character was definitely creepy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The source material sucks and this has no chance. Regards, DFDC.
Did you read the book. When I saw the movie was coming out I added the book to Audible and listened to it. I actually really liked it. Started the second book, it was awful and stopped. I have no idea if the movie will be any good. I hope it is. The Dark Tower abomination makes me wonder but I guess it at least caused me to listen to some books I wouldn't have otherwise.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We were assigned the book in HS. Very boring to me at the time.
Were you interested in the reading material in high school or just read because you had to? I read the book later and enjoyed it so hope this movie is good as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Were you interested in the reading material in high school or just read because you had to? I read the book later and enjoyed it so hope this movie is good as well.
I had heard about the book before and I was disappointed. Maybe if I tried today, I might feel differently. This was supposedly on the same level as The Lord of the Rings stuff and it just wasn't.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Knowing that the Disney + subscribers get to watch it for free a couple of months later didn't help either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Knowing that the Disney + subscribers get to watch it for free a couple of months later didn't help either.
That's what I'm waiting for.

Genghis Khan

Fun fact:

Iron Maiden has a song about Dune called To Tame a Land. They wanted to call it Dune and reached out to Frank Herbert, Dune's author, for permission.

Herbert's agent said no, because Frank Herbert doesn't like rock bands, especially rock bands like Iron Maiden.

Eat a bag of dicks, Frank Herbert.

Top Bottom