Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think most of the negative reviews are coming from those hyper-Star Wars enthusiast. You know the type.

I went to see it yesterday and for a general fan such as myself, it was a fun movie. I didn't find a whole lot to complain about.
I am far from the enthusiast. I stopped caring for realz when my nuts dropped.

But...

Having yet another plot spin based off of who was related to whom was just dumb.

It would have been more impressive if Rey, as a nobody, could have wielded the Force.

So basically what we have the Force to be is that you better be what amounts to royalty.

It is now in the blood. And that is contrary to everything they tried to build up in the newer movies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

But...

Having yet another plot spin based off of who was related to whom was just dumb.

It would have been more impressive if Rey, as a nobody, could have wielded the Force.

So basically what we have the Force to be is that you better be what amounts to royalty.

It is now in the blood. And that is contrary to everything they tried to build up in the newer movies.
WTH are you talking about? Rey wielded not only the force, but ALL of the force. What movie did you watch?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

But...

That's not even close to being true. There were a lot more Jedi and Sith than just the Skywalker and Palpatine families.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's not even close to being true. There were a lot more Jedi and Sith than just the Skywalker and Palpatine families.
And yet, golly, none of them counted in the end except for the select few that could wield it at that level.

All these lifeforms, all these planets. Yet it comes down to a couple of small blood lines. It's kind of dumb.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And yet, golly, none of them counted in the end except for the select few that could wield it at that level.

All these lifeforms, all these planets. Yet it comes down to a couple of small blood lines. It's kind of dumb.
Unless you remember the fact that all the rest were GONE. They were all killed. It was shown that there were still force sensitive young kids, but nobody left to train them. Luke was starting to train them, but left when Ben/Kylo turned. Rey was trained by Luke and Leia over the course of these last three movies. You wouldn't be ~gasp~ just looking for something to bitch about yet again, would you? It's a frickin sci-fi movie. Not Citizen Kane.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Unless you remember the fact that all the rest were GONE. They were all killed. It was shown that there were still force sensitive young kids, but nobody left to train them. Luke was starting to train them, but left when Ben/Kylo turned. Rey was trained by Luke and Leia over the course of these last three movies. You wouldn't be ~gasp~ just looking for something to bitch about yet again, would you? It's a frickin sci-fi movie. Not Citizen Kane.
I guess Booze is forgetting the kid at the end of The Last Jedi that moved the broom with his mind. I think they have made it clear (to those that pay attention) that there are other Jedis out there.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Finally saw Joker.

Three white Wall Street types taking the subway ... and causing trouble? Right, because when I take the subway, white guys in Armani suits are the ones I keep my eye on.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I watched "Parasite" tonight.

Was not bad. In fact it was pretty decent, especially since I loathe trying to watch a movie with subtitles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"Doctor Sleep" was very good. In fact, the story itself was superior to King's book. Pretty rare when a film tells a better story than the source material.

data

Forbes #1
Anyone seen Joker yet?
Just watched it.

Overrated, slow and cliche.

Probably would’ve been more wow’d by it if we hadn’t seen Heath Ledger’s version already.

This backstory just seemed typical for any criminal. Joker should be something else.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Doctor Sleep" was very good. In fact, the story itself was superior to King's book. Pretty rare when a film tells a better story than the source material.
Yeah I watched it and really enjoyed it. Fun movie in general if you're ok with a little King far out there stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Finally got around to seeing the Last Skywalker. I enjoyed all the hoopla of the effects as well as some of the silly attempts by the set people to make impressions on movie watchers. My favorite laugh came with the interior shots of the Millennium Falcon in the 3D chess game room. In the corner of this compartment was an old stove pipe apparently meant to be a replacement for some wiring or circuit covering. I guess the impression was supposed to be that the ship was extremely old but then it was once again the savior of the war with the dark side.

Top Bottom