Must See Movies

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Endgame was excellent as well. A masterpiece as far as comic book movies are concerned.

Regarding the time travel aspect of the movie, one thing I didn't understand was if they could bring Gamora's character back via time travel, why couldn't Black Widow be brought back as well.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Zack Snyder's "Justice League" premiers at midnight on HBOMAX.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Zack Snyder's "Justice League" premiers at midnight on HBOMAX.
No need to watch it. It has already been rejected by some on this site because of its length. It can’t possibly be a good movie being that long. So it’s done and no matter whether you like it or not it isn’t good. :hattip

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No need to watch it. It has already been rejected by some on this site because of its length. It can’t possibly be a good movie being that long. So it’s done and no matter whether you like it or not it isn’t good. :hattip
~stomp stomp~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It’s awesome overall. Watched on a 4K projector. Superior by far to the 2017 trash. Had some downright awesome moments I wasn’t expecting.
Starting it again. I fell asleep at two hours last night.

This is an ordeal.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Starting it again. I fell asleep at two hours last night.

This is an ordeal.
Its character driven, and they spend a lot of necessary time with the characters to get the payoff Marvel movies get because they make so many movies. WB interferes too much with DC Films, while Disney knows well enough to mostly leave Marvel Studios alone.

DC Comics have traditionally let creative talent tell new stories about their iconic characters, while Marvel focused on creating a cohesive NY fairy tale world.

The same strategies work best in the movies too. Captain America wasn’t going to carry a trilogy by himself... the third movie is basically an Avengers movie. Gwynneth Paltrow couldn’t even keep straight the names of Marvel movies she played in because from her perspective they were Avengers or Iron Man stories.

Meanwhile Nolan’s Batman was the best the genre has ever achieved, and it was.very much a solo superhero world.

Snyder’s Superman was average, and then the studio tried to mutate Snyder’s plan for the sequels into an extended universe. Big mistake. It might have worked had they created movies for individual superheroes first before introducing the Justice League.

The 4 hour movie is the next best thing, and it’s well done.

Cotton

Staff member
Just watched Into the Wild. I had never heard of it until this pandemic sent me into a huge show hole, and I had to look around for stuff. God damn, it was really good.

Some really good introspection in that movie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just watched Into the Wild. I had never heard of it until this pandemic sent me into a huge show hole, and I had to look around for stuff. God damn, it was really good.

Some really good introspection in that movie.
Is that the one where the guy gets eaten by a bear at the end?

Cotton

Staff member
Is that the one where the guy gets eaten by a bear at the end?
No. It is about a kid that decides he is not going to live in society so he sets off for Alaska. I won't tell how it ends obviously, but it is a damn good movie. It's actually from 2007, which I did not know until it was over. Not sure how I missed it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No. It is about a kid that decides he is not going to live in society so he sets off for Alaska. I won't tell how it ends obviously, but it is a damn good movie. It's actually from 2007, which I did not know until it was over. Not sure how I missed it.
I haven't seen the movie but I've heard of the true story it's based on. IIRC, about 6 months back they moved the bus because it was a huge safety hazard. Too many people were dying or getting stranded trying to make the pilgrimage to the bus site.

Cotton

Staff member
I haven't seen the movie but I've heard of the true story it's based on. IIRC, about 6 months back they moved the bus because it was a huge safety hazard. Too many people were dying or getting stranded trying to make the pilgrimage to the bus site.
Yep, I heard the same thing. People were coming by the droves to find it. You should watch the movie. It is really well done, and the fact that it is a true story makes it even better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Last Blockbuster on Netflix is an interesting documentary.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep, I heard the same thing. People were coming by the droves to find it. You should watch the movie. It is really well done, and the fact that it is a true story makes it even better.
If you liked that you should look up the documentary Alone in the Wilderness. PBS airs it every once in awhile and I think most of it is on youtube

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s worth a look.

Top Bottom