Music Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah. Be careful if you listen to anything Genghis posts.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have gotten to wear my tastes have started to lighten up over the years. I used to be like Geng and like mostly hard stuff, even metal, but now bands like Train and Sublime are more up my alley.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have gotten to wear my tastes have started to lighten up over the years. I used to be like Geng and like mostly hard stuff, even metal, but now bands like Train and Sublime are more up my alley.

I actually love both Train and Sublime.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Yeah. Be careful if you listen to anything Genghis posts.
He's not going to scare me. My first concert was Ozzy with Def Leppard opening. I knew he had good taste when I saw the Iron Maiden avatar.

My first band (I'm a drummer) was a metal band called Hung Jury.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's not going to scare me. My first concert was Ozzy with Def Leppard opening. I knew he had good taste when I saw the Iron Maiden avatar.

My first band (I'm a drummer) was a metal band called Hung Jury.
Nice! :rock

My first concert was Iron Maiden with Ace Frehley opening. I've seen Maiden 13 times now. Still as good as it gets.

I've only seen Ozzy at Ozzfest and I believe it was with Sabbath. I'd have loved to have seen Ozzy back when he was still coherent. Or Sabbath in their prime for that matter.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

My first concert was Iron Maiden with Ace Frehley opening. I've seen Maiden 13 times now. Still as good as it gets.

I've only seen Ozzy at Ozzfest and I believe it was with Sabbath. I'd have loved to have seen Ozzy back when he was still coherent. Or Sabbath in their prime for that matter.
My dad was a big Sabbath fan so I heard a lot of it growing up. He was also a big Rush fan for a while. He told me that he had tix to see Sabbath and Rush back to back nights in St. Louis back in the 70s. Sabbath was the first night. He said it rocked so hard that he was so bored at Rush the next night that he left early, and he was big into Rush at that time. Sabbath in their prime = tough act to follow.

Iron Maiden is lame though. :unsure. {waits for "dead to me!" from Geng}

Last edited:

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member

I was supposed to see Iron Maiden in the early 90's but I was on standby to deploy for Desert Storm and missed it. One thing that always impressed me with Maiden was that Bruce rarely "cheated" the high notes. Night after night, show after show he still managed to sound like the album versions of the songs.

The best concert I ever saw was Clash of the Titans in '91. Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax in one show. My ears and body took a good four days to recover from the noise and mosh pit. We listed to DRI all the way from Cherry Point to Fayetteville for the show. Damn good times!

Cotton

Staff member
I was supposed to see Iron Maiden in the early 90's but I was on standby to deploy for Desert Storm and missed it. One thing that always impressed me with Maiden was that Bruce rarely "cheated" the high notes. Night after night, show after show he still managed to sound like the album versions of the songs.
Another military dude. We have quite a few here.

The best concert I ever saw was Clash of the Titans in '91. Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax in one show. My ears and body took a good four days to recover from the noise and mosh pit. We listed to DRI all the way from Cherry Point to Fayetteville for the show. Damn good times!
I would have given my left nut to see those two. Separate or together. Two of my favorite bands ever.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Another military dude. We have quite a few here.
I was a Navy Corpsman, stationed at Cherry Point with the 2nd LAAD Btn.

I would have given my left nut to see those two. Separate or together. Two of my favorite bands ever.
They were ridiculously awesome. Guns n Roses was another one I was really glad I got to see. I also got to see Metallica before they turned into pussies.

Cotton

Staff member
Alice in Chains was without a doubt my favorite band. The world misses Staley.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Alice in Chains was without a doubt my favorite band. The world misses Staley.
It makes me sick to my stomach to think of the music we missed out on after he died. My band's music was heavily influenced by Alice In Chains. We had a song called Kill Your Idols that you would have sworn was AIC.

Cotton

Staff member
Their unplugged album was absolutely epic.

junk

Not So New Member
All songs should be remade as duets with Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.

That's baby making music right there.

They should remake "Timber" next.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
All songs should be remade as duets with Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.

That's baby making music right there.

They should remake "Timber" next.
I can't argue that, although the Kenny Rogers/Sheena Easton combo on "We've Got Tonight" was pretty awesome as well. And nothing will top the combination of Conway Twitty/Loretta Lynn as far as I'm concerned.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't argue that, although the Kenny Rogers/Sheena Easton combo on "We've Got Tonight" was pretty awesome as well. And nothing will top the combination of Conway Twitty/Loretta Lynn as far as I'm concerned.
IMO the best duo Kenny Rogers ever did was with Dottie West in "Together Again".

Top Bottom