Music Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I definitely prefer solo Ozzy over solo Dio.
I feel the same as I do about their Sabbath careers. Very close, both awesome. I might prefer Dio.

Blizzard of Oz and Diary are nearly untouchable.

Holy Diver and Last in Line are right up there with Ozzy's best though.

Let's see...

Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin were a step down but both still very good.

But I'd say the same about Sacred Heart and Dream Evil for Dio.

Pretty mediocre for the most part after those for both of them except for a song here or there from each.

Probably slight nod to Ozzy solo for me too, even though I feel like I like Dio more. Again very close.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I feel the same as I do about their Sabbath careers. Very close, both awesome. I might prefer Dio.

Let's see...

Pretty mediocre for the most part after those for both of them except for a song here or there from each.

Probably slight nod to Ozzy solo for me too, even though I feel like I like Dio more. Again very close.
Never got into Sabbath. Nothing against them at all, but just was more into Megadeath and Metallica in those days.

Cotton

Staff member
Anyone get into Lamb of God? We have talked about the popular bands, but waht about the more fringe bands like LOG or Avenged, (although, one could argue Avenged is a popular band)

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
True although I like Jake E Lee a lot. But still not on par with Rhoads.
I do too, but he wasn't there nearly as long as some folks think. Zack Wylde was there a lot longer. I like him as well. I have been fortunate in that I have seen Ozzie once with Randy and once with Zack. Both shows were awesome.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I had recently moved and a kid I became friends with was a huge fan of Sabbath and Ozzy. He let me borrow this album (Blizzard) and take it home for a few days.

My mom nearly shit herself inside out when she heard me listening to that. I was 11 years old. :lol

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Let's see...

I didn't really like anything after Last in Line, which was a fantastic album. But I liked everything through No More Tears by Ozzy. That one and Diary are my favorites

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Anyone get into Lamb of God? We have talked about the popular bands, but waht about the more fringe bands like LOG or Avenged, (although, one could argue Avenged is a popular band)

One of my clients was telling me I should check them out a couple of weeks ago. I know who they are just have never explored their catalogue.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I had recently moved and a kid I became friends with was a huge fan of Sabbath and Ozzy. He let me borrow this album (Blizzard) and take it home for a few days.

My mom nearly shit herself inside out when she heard me listening to that. I was 11 years old. :lol

My mom was finally getting cool (a little anyway) by the time Ozzy was hitting big. She bought me Bark at the Moon for Christmas when I was 14

Genghis Khan

I didn't really like anything after Last in Line, which was a fantastic album. But I liked everything through No More Tears by Ozzy. That one and Diary are my favorites

You didn't like Sacred Heart? I thought that was pretty solid.

I'm not big on the Zakk era, I do like Fire in the Sky a lot.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My mom was finally getting cool (a little anyway) by the time Ozzy was hitting big. She bought me Bark at the Moon for Christmas when I was 14
My mom was cool, too. After she got over her initial shock, she didn’t really care what I listened too.

She bought me tickets to AC/DCs Who Made Who concert in Bismarck, ND a few years later.

Genghis Khan

I don't like Lamb of God but I do like Avenged Sevenfold a little. Hail to the King is great, as is A Little Piece of Heaven.

Cotton

Staff member
One of my clients was telling me I should check them out a couple of weeks ago. I know who they are just have never explored their catalogue.
They are good if you like really heavy stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
My mom was cool, too. After she got over her initial shock, she didn’t really care what I listened too.

She bought me tickets to AC/DCs Who Made Who concert in Bismarck, ND a few years later.
My mom was also cool. She made me red beans and corn bread and was a really good cook. She also bought me shoes and shit.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't like Lamb of God but I do like Avenged Sevenfold a little. Hail to the King is great, as is A Little Piece of Heaven.
I can't remember how much of these kids I have posted but this is greatness.

I'm fairly sure I have posted this, so excuse me for the repost.

Top Bottom