Moore: Dez Bryant can still contribute in the NFL, but would signing him make sense for the Cowboys?

p1_

DCC 4Life
He is 31. Not like he's old. Gerald McCoy is 32, and people were good with that signing.

If Larry Fitzgerald was signed for a year, I doubt anybody would complain. He's 36. There are reasons Dez should probably not be resigned. Age isn't one of them.
ok, theres plenty of others besides his literal age. His body is broken down.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I hope he looked better than in that last video he posted.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I'd set up a workout as soon as its allowed. See if he has anything left. If not, move on, but don't pass up a potential opportunity to get a contributor on the cheap. It's not like the current receivers room is loaded with talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd set up a workout as soon as its allowed. See if he has anything left. If not, move on, but don't pass up a potential opportunity to get a contributor on the cheap. It's not like the current receivers room is loaded with talent.
I mean I don't think he is a good fit but I don't see any harm in a workout. At least you know Dak and him have been working on building chemistry.

Last edited:

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I mean I don't think he is a good fit but I don't see any harm in a workout. At least you know Dak and him has been working on building chemistry.
Exactly.

The fans against it want to try to discount that fact as if it's irrelevant. Far from it.

And smart front offices and teams leave no stone unturned. They maximize potential rewards and minimize risks. Just as they've done with the Aldon Smith deal. And there's a player that makes anything Bryant has ever done look like small potatoes.

The only thing that proponents are calling for is a workout and potentially a spot on a 90-man roster if that workout looks good, nothing more. That's a small ask.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's not much of a difference between drafting a guy like Claypool as big slot "TE" who will threaten on slants, square in's and jump balls while never blocking, and signing Bryant, assuming he still has some juice and has lost his ego.

Obviously with Dez it'd be a short-term 1-2 year proposition and a guy like Claypool could be around for 8-10 years, but if the draft falls in a way where we don't end up with a slot type we might as well give Dez a shot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Dez stuff is pumping air in a flat tire. A lot of activity but no real fix.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’d make him return punts

Top Bottom