MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

For their #5 prospect, a RHP.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
amazing

Niekro was 27 before he reached the majors for good, in August 1966, but his mastery of that one pitch gave him a staggering kind of durability. He had just 31 victories by his 30th birthday, and 287 thereafter. He logged more than 1,000 innings from 1977 through 1979, when he averaged 19 wins and 19 losses per season.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
wow. Cohen strikes. Yanks better sign DJ now that Lindor is no longer an option.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
OPENING DAY!!

:mj
My Rangers ae going to suck ass again this year, but at least they have fully committed to rebuilding this time. Well, I guess they will be fully committed when they trade Gallo.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Went to the Ranger games last night and this afternoon.
Last night the roof was closed and today was open.
The new ballpark is very nice. They don't really make a thing about the mask except when you're going in or getting on an elevator. On the concourse and in the stands there is no enforcement.
On a side note, there are plenty of bathrooms compared to the old park, which is cool.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The extra-innings rule that carried over from the 2020 season should have been tweaked.

Instead of immediately starting the 10th inning with a runner on 2nd base, I think it would be better if they gave teams 3 full innings under normal circumstances to win the game. If the score is still tied after the 12th inning that's when I'd apply the new rule and place a runner at 2nd base to start the inning.

I think that's less gimmicky than what they currently have. Even die-hard traditionalists would probably be okay with that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The extra-innings rule that carried over from the 2020 season should have been tweaked.

Instead of immediately starting the 10th inning with a runner on 2nd base, I think it would be better if they gave teams 3 full innings under normal circumstances to win the game. If the score is still tied after the 12th inning that's when I'd apply the new rule and place a runner at 2nd base to start the inning.

I think that's less gimmicky than what they currently have. Even die-hard traditionalists would probably be okay with that.
Yeah, I would prefer that. At least it would be a little better than what we have now.

I don't like starting with a runner on 2nd. Way too much advantage for the home team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's the weakest crap ever. Dude literally leaned into it. And it still barely brushed him.

Not to mention the pitch was right over the plate. If a batter gets hit because he's essentially crouched in the strike zone, I don't know how that's anything other than a strike. It certainly shouldn't be a HBP.
No shit. But what I can't believe is they reviewed it and STILL fucked up the obvious call. Even after the plate ump originally called it a strike.
That whole crew should be reprimanded. Especially the crew chief for not overruling that crap.

Top Bottom