MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Even the nicknames were better. "Scrap Iron".
The lack of nicknames has become a problem across the board in sports.

Now everyone just defaults to initials for player nicks. Lame.

I remember when Kevin Durant was still in OKC people were trying to nickname him 'Slim Reaper'. That would have been an awesome nickname but he pushed back on it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The lack of nicknames has become a problem across the board in sports.

Now everyone just defaults to initials for player nicks. Lame.

I remember when Kevin Durant was still in OKC people were trying to nickname him 'Slim Reaper'. That would have been an awesome nickname but he pushed back on it.
Exactly.

Slim Reaper is awesome.

KD is lazy and boring.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You hurt his feels by calling him slim! He's a strong manly man!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Mets are doing pretty good.
I know.

We (the Braves) used to be able to bully them with our mere presence. But this year they've finally stood their ground and said enough is enough.

Basically they've done to us what Ralphie did to Scut Farkus in 'A Christmas Story'. :lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, it's his fault that Daniels has given him some of the worst talent in baseball for years now.

I have no particular love for Chris Woodward, but come on.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah, it's his fault that Daniels has given him some of the worst talent in baseball for years now.

I have no particular love for Chris Woodward, but come on.
Daniels is crap. I mean he got extremely lucky for a few years but after that its been failure after failure. Yet he is untouchable and wont be blamed for the rosters the past decade.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Daniels is crap. I mean he got extremely lucky for a few years but after that its been failure after failure. Yet he is untouchable and wont be blamed for the rosters the past decade.
I used to read LSB for years back when the Rangers got good. The SJWs there hated any criticism of Daniels, always. Extra venom if you gave Nolan any credit at all. It was so weird.

I think it was mostly that Daniels was a young Ivy League analytics guy and Nolan was an old redneck who only played, so of course he was a dumbass.

So dumb that to them that Texiera trade could give a guy a decade of being bulletproof.

Top Bottom