MLB Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd take Gallo. He's pretty solid. Top 50 in OBP despite his batting average, and top 10 in HRs.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He only has two sac flies his entire career. Insanely bad.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
you can have Gallo back for a Whataburger and medium Coke
bbgun, Our little Honeymoon chapter is done. Done I say! Gallo was worth 50 Whataburger franchises and two medium Cokes.

Simple: He produces runs at the plate. He suppresses runs in the field. He provided high home run value and the walk-rate of Zeus. Amazing wheels for a big man, superhuman arm, and he provided the highlights and personality that the Ranger franchise is bereft of. If you don't know WAR, wRC+ and ticket sales levers...you just aren't seeing it.

Now that Joey is in NY he's serving even more value. He picked up the local NY vibe and become a head case. His OPS+ took an Icarus style 50 point fall when he left TX for NY. I call that a Gawd, a broken god with fragments falling in all the right places. A Samson who brings down the walls of Philistines while captive in foreign lands.

All that said...............I'm with Boozer...baseball can't hold my interest anymore. Haven't watched an inning in two years.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
bbgun, Our little Honeymoon chapter is done. Done I say! Gallo was worth 50 Whataburger franchises and two medium Cokes.

Simple: He produces runs at the plate. He suppresses runs in the field. He provided high home run value and the walk-rate of Zeus. Amazing wheels for a big man, superhuman arm, and he provided the highlights and personality that the Ranger franchise is bereft of. If you don't know WAR, wRC+ and ticket sales levers...you just aren't seeing it.

Now that Joey is in NY he's serving even more value. He picked up the local NY vibe and become a head case. His OPS+ took an Icarus style 50 point fall when he left TX for NY. I call that a Gawd, a broken god with fragments falling in all the right places. A Samson who brings down the walls of Philistines while captive in foreign lands.

All that said...............I'm with Boozer...baseball can't hold my interest anymore. Haven't watched an inning in two years.
A West Coast team has supposedly expressed interest. At best we'll get some magic beans.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Rangers signed Shortstop Corey Seager to a ten year, 325 million dollar deal.
I read on Twitter that they have now spent the most money in one off-season in MLB history.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rangers signed Shortstop Corey Seager to a ten year, 325 million dollar deal.
I read on Twitter that they have now spent the most money in one off-season in MLB history.
It's about damn time.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
It's about damn time.
It's great. I love this move and the Simien deal... between those two and Jung coming up sometime next year, the rangers infield could be among the very best in baseball.
The pitcher Jon Gray that they signed looks to be a solid middle of rotation arm (the consensus is he's much better than his career ERA would show since half his games were at Coors field which is a major hitters' park), as well...

T-RO

DCC 4Life
If the Rangers want to spend a billion dollars on player contracts this offseason...I might maybe find baseball a little less boring. ;)

Now let's get serious and bring Gallo back. Buy low, let him clear his head of that New York stank and we'll see a 1050 OPS, Gold Glove, 5 WAR player again. Best part: critics and New Yorkers will go mental.

(bbgun, being mostly sound in mind and body will not go mental. He will see the Gallo way, find the joy of repentance, and the song of salvation. I put a knee down by my bed and prayed for him this evening. It will be so! )

Last edited:

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
If the Rangers want to spend a billion dollars on player contracts this offseason...I might maybe find baseball a little less boring. ;)

Now let's get serious and bring Gallo back. Buy low, let him clear his head of that New York stank and we'll see a 1050 OPS, Gold Glove, 5 WAR player again. Best part: critics and New Yorkers will go mental.

(bbgun, being mostly sound in mind and body will not go mental. He will see the Gallo way, find the joy of repentance, and the song of salvation. I put a knee down by my bed and prayed for him this evening. It will be so! )
Y'know, they just might spend a billion this off-season; rumor is they want to sign Kershaw from the Dodgers and they still need outfield help.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm gonna dump him in front of Globe Life in a shopping cart like that chick from Animal House

T-RO

DCC 4Life
I'm gonna dump him in front of Globe Life in a shopping cart like that chick from Animal House
You gotta get over two things:
-A strike-out is just an out
-A walk is 90% as good a a hit

Then embrace:
-Gallo got on base more than any Ranger
-Gallo drove in more runs than any Ranger
-Gallo was perhaps best fielder of any Ranger

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Then embrace:
He's a twitchy weirdo who can't handle the spotlight. Other than that he's wonderful.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Then embrace:
A strikeout is not 'just an out'. It has no possibility of advancing a runner. A flyout or groundout can. They can even produce a run.

And I wouldn't put the % that high on walk/hit. A walk will only advance a runner if there is somebody on the base ahead of them. A hit will advance any runner.

• Props
Reactions: Rev
Top Bottom