MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Down by 8, the thing to do is bunt. Noted.

Cotton

Staff member
We really need MLB managers to bunt more because that's how you manufacture runs. Noted.

Cotton

Staff member
Definitely bunt more when down 8 because these idiot professional managers just don't have it figured out yet. Noted.

Cotton

Staff member
This is a stupid ass argument. Noted.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The retarded decision to place a runner on 2nd in extra innings should've given more emphasis on getting the bunt down, but most teams still opt to swing away. Even utility infielders don't know how to do it successfully.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We really need MLB managers to bunt more because that's how you manufacture runs. Noted.
In normal situations no. But if the bunt gives you a better chance of getting a hit which is what you all seem to think, then yes.

Otherwise why bitch about the bunting? Easier to keep the no hitter.

Cotton

Staff member
When you're down 8-0 at the end of a game in the ninth of a no hitter? Absolutely
So, it's just as easy to get a run home with a runner on first as it is a runner on third.

Noted.

Cotton

Staff member
In normal situations no. But if the bunt gives you a better chance of getting a hit which is what you all seem to think, then yes.
Dude, my god. IT DOESNT GIVE YOU A BETTER CHANCE.

I'm done. Someone else can continue arguing this stupid shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, my god. IT DOESNT GIVE YOU A BETTER CHANCE.

I'm done. Someone else can continue arguing this stupid shit.
I agree this is stupid. If it doesn't give you a better chance of a hit than why do you care if they bunt? Aren't they making the no hitter easier? JFC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I haven't watched baseball in years. Is this now what it is?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's part of their "culture," doncha know. Objecting to it is objectively racist.
No, it's MLB finally understanding that clinging to the way things used to be has landed them behind the NFL and the NBA in popularity.

It's not a race thing. Younger players of all races, including Bryce Harper, have pointed out that the MLB needs to loosen up and not be so uptight and conservative. MLB desperately needs to tap into the younger generations if they want to outpace the NFL & NBA going forward. They've done media research on this and found out that the average age of MLB fans is close to 60 years old. :lol

So if I'm Rob Manford and the owners, hell yeah I'm in favor of allowing guys like Tatis Jr to express themselves to make my product more relevant and marketable going forward.

A great example is Mike Trout vs Tatis Jr.

Mike Trout is easily the best player in the game. But I and every other non-Angels fan couldn't care less about Trout's at-bats. However when Tatis Jr. is on TV people make it a point to tune in to see what he does next.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
No, it's MLB finally understanding that clinging to the way things used to be has landed them behind the NFL and the NBA in popularity.

It's not a race thing. Younger players of all races, including Bryce Harper, have pointed out that the MLB needs to loosen up and not be so uptight and conservative. MLB desperately needs to tap into the younger generations if they want to outpace the NFL & NBA going forward. They've done media research on this and found out that the average age of MLB fans is close to 60 years old. :lol

So if I'm Rob Manford and the owners, hell yeah I'm in favor of allowing guys like Tatis Jr to express themselves to make my product more relevant and marketable going forward.

A great example is Mike Trout vs Tatis Jr.

Mike Trout is easily the best player in the game. But I and every other non-Angels fan couldn't care less about Trout's at-bats. However when Tatis Jr. is on TV people make it a point to tune in to see what he does next.
Well the worst offenders are Latinos, so it's definitely a race/ethnicity thing. If grandstanding and showboating are endemic to your culture, then it doesn't say much about your culture. "Not showing up your opponent" is one of the golden unwritten rules of baseball, and they violate it repeatedly. White guilt-ridden sportswriters will defend them, but I choose not to hold Hispanics to a lower lever of acceptable behavior. Baseball fans skew older than the NFL and NBA, and if this is their way of attracting new blood, they may lose the few diehard fans they already have.

Top Bottom