Mendez: Romo says he, Cowboys can make it easier for depleted OL to do its job

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony Romo says he, Cowboys can make it easier for depleted offensive line to do its job

Quarterback Tony Romo said he likes the way the offensive line, particularly the guards, have been working in camp and acknowledged that he and the coaches can help them do their jobs better.

“As a quarterback, you’ve got to be mobile, slide in the pocket, move, get the ball out,” he said after Thursday’s walk-through as the Cowboys got ready to travel to Oakland for the second preseason game, and Romo’s first action. “And then on top of it, we’ve got to give them some things they don’t have to work quite so hard in and do some things schematically that give us a little bit of help.”

The Cowboys are anxiously thin at guard, with Nate Livings, Kevin Kowalski, Ryan Cook and Ray Dominguez all out with injury. Mackenzy Bernadeau, last year’s starter at right guard, has been practicing only a week.

Romo said he didn’t have input as the Cowboys searched for guards off the street this week, but he’s optimistic about what the team does have.

“I’m excited about the way the guys up front have been doing,” Romo said. “They’ve been working hard, they’re getting better. It’s been a good camp for them. Obviously, we’d like to have a few less injuries. But that’s part of the game. We’ve just got to keep grinding away and keep getting better until we can continue to see some guys get healthy. And then, at the same time, some other guys have stepped up, and we’ll see what happens.”

-- Carlos Mendez
-------------

I can't decide if I like this as Romo sticking up for his teammates or being a complete idiot like Jerry/Stephen and thinking they can make turds on the OL somehow okay by his mobility or some tweak.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Hey...you stay around this front office long enough, the retard kinda just trickles down and sticks to the player.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo is taking a company man position and it is completely appropriate. Anyone as deep into an organization as he is would be more of a detremen to the team to take an undermining position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is no Peyton though. He basically tells Elway what bitches to sign.

jester

Brand New Member
Tony Romo says he, Cowboys can make it easier for depleted offensive line to do its job

“As a quarterback, you’ve got to be mobile, slide in the pocket, move, get the ball out,” .
I read this as "you've got to run for your life"

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I read this as "you've got to run for your life"
I read it as Romo is fine with running around for his life. Which makes him a yes man to the bullshit Jerry has been selling about him all offseason to explain why the OL was not addressed full bore.

jester

Brand New Member
I read it as Romo is fine with running around for his life. Which makes him a yes man to the bullshit Jerry has been selling about him all offseason to explain why the OL was not addressed full bore.
Romo knows nothing besides the Jones brand of Football. And as such, the success that he has experienced, his rise from an undrafted prospect to the face of a the most visible franchise negatively reinforces the validity of this approach and will help pass around the cool-aid to be drank by any and all.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Romo after about week six:

"A spleen? Who needs that? I mean, what does a spleen even do? Am I right?"

Top Bottom