Meatloaf Dead at 74

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Passed away last night.

Meat Loaf, the ‘I’d Do Anything for Love’ singer, dead at 74
Singer's career spanned six decades
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Marvin Lee Aday, better known as Meat Loaf, has died at the age of 74, a representative for the musician confirmed to Fox News.

A rep said on his Facebook page: "Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side. Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours."
The singer’s career spanned six decades and he was in dozens of movies, including "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," "Fight Club" and "Wayne's World."
CHER, OTHERS PAY TRIBUTE TO LATE ROCKER

Singer Meat Loaf performs in support of Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney at the football stadium at Defiance High School in Defiance, Ohio, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File)

Singer Meat Loaf performs in support of Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney at the football stadium at Defiance High School in Defiance, Ohio, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File) (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File))

"We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man," the statement said. "We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time. From his heart to your souls…don’t ever stop rocking!"

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
RIP

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Another CSB. One of my GCs I work with had a project manager who grew up in Dallas. His mom was a teacher in HS and one of her students was Meatloaf. I don’t believe he ever met Meatloaf or anything but I guess Meatloaf was fond of his mom and would occasionally go by to see her when she had to go into an old folks home later in life. Pretty cool. By all accounts he was a very down to earth person.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fun Fact: Meatloaf went to college here in Lubbock at Lubbock Christian University.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I know the name obviously. Heard that one song, but never anything else.

RIP

Also, I really like the dish he was named after. If he was half as good, he’s a legend I’m sure.

Top Bottom