Machota: Cowboys Release K Greg Zuerlein

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, just not consistent enough. Great you can make a 60 yarder occasionally. But you'll miss 10 times as many extra points and field goals inside of 40.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What the hell, he was probably our second best player behind Parsons. Has there been any explanation from the team?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Holy cow. Did someone lock Jerry in a closet? Two smart moves in one day. We are due for something colossally stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What the hell, he was probably our second best player behind Parsons. Has there been any explanation from the team?
No explanation needed.

It's been my opinion that winning hasn't been the priority in Dallas in quite a while. Increasing and maintaining the franchise's value surpassed actually winning games a long time ago.

They claim to "want to win badly" but their actions over the last decade say otherwise. This year for example is a year they should be pushing all their chips to the middle of the table. The NFC hasn't been this devoid of great QBs in several years. Instead of taking advantage of this recession of talent in the NFC, the Cowboys are operating as if they're in rebuild mode.

That should tell you all you need to know about the Jones' priorities.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You wanted Legotron?

I don't understand the Anger part. We finally got a good punter and we are just like, eh.
The Anger part is what I was talking about.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anger is awesome, but teams and fans seem to not give a shit about punters. At all.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No explanation needed.

It's been my opinion that winning hasn't been the priority in Dallas in quite a while. Increasing and maintaining the franchise's value surpassed actually winning games a long time ago.

They claim to "want to win badly" but their actions over the last decade say otherwise. This year for example is a year they should be pushing all their chips to the middle of the table. The NFC hasn't been this devoid of great QBs in several years. Instead of taking advantage of this recession of talent in the NFC, the Cowboys are operating as if they're in rebuild mode.

That should tell you all you need to know about the Jones' priorities.
Of course I agree overall, but this isn't some huge high profile move they are or aren't making. It's just a punter who wouldn't even cost that much in the scheme of things. Just seems weird.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anger is awesome, but teams and fans seem to not give a shit about punters. At all.
Which is stupid. There is a massive difference when your punting from your own 20. You can either flip field position or give the other team the ball at their own 40. 2 extra first downs is massive.

A great punter is a huge asset to the defense. Speaking which there is a sick punter in this draft. Bruglar thinks he could go as high as the third round. Too rich for my blood but exciting regardless

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Zeurlein? Maybe because of the 82% field goals made.

If you are talking about Anger, no one knows.

Puttyism

♡☆
About time. He cost Dallas 3 games including the Bucs game missing 3 three pointers. Brady knows he got away w/one being Dallas has never defeated him!

Top Bottom