Machota: Cowboys positional review - How will Mike McCarthy utilize Ezekiel Elliott?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That happens with almost every single player in every sport. They get a big contract and then numbers arent the same as the "contract year". I know his situation was a little different but its not unique either.
It isn’t unique. But in Elliot’s case his pay went up and his production down.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It isn’t unique. But in Elliot’s case his pay went up and his production down.
Again. Its not unique. Performances going down after getting paid happen all the time around every sport.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again. Its not unique. Performances going down after getting paid happen all the time around every sport.
Zeke is still a really good back but I would have rather kept him 5 years and than drafted a guy. It's a sunk cost now. No going back. But in terms of pay I wouldn't do that again.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol
Check the stats and try again. They didn't go up every year. Some years they ~GASP~ went down. And that was in the first 6 years, as you mentioned here. In fact, from year 3 to 4 he fell almost 3 hundred yards. The friggin bum.
LMAO..he missed 2 games in year 4 and had 90 less carries.

Over the 6 seasons I mentioned, less carries a couple seasons...and didn't play all 16 games in a couple of seasons. You did say check the stats, right?

But please, keep spinning Elliotts production and if you want to ignore that, then turn to his inabilty to break the big runs like we saw in his rookie season..from your 4th overall pick. Then, just pretend you don't see Emmitt still popping 40-60 yard runs all the way up thru his 11th season. ~GASP~

data

Forbes #1

Over the 6 seasons I mentioned, less carries a couple seasons...and didn't play all 16 games in a couple of seasons. You did say check the stats, right?

But please, keep spinning Elliotts production and if you want to ignore that, then turn to his inabilty to break the big runs like we saw in his rookie season..from your 4th overall pick. Then, just pretend you don't see Emmitt still popping 40-60 yard runs all the way up thru his 11th season. ~GASP~
Out of all RBs with 1,000 rushing yards last season, Ezekiel Elliott:
- only RB with zero rushes of 60+ yards
- lowest RB with rushes of 20+ yards (qty 4)
- yet highest # of 1st down runs and 4th-best in 1st down %

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

There's nothing being spun. He rushed for nearly 1400 yards and people are carrying on like spurned little junior high girls.

Like I said. Laughable.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
There's nothing being spun. He rushed for nearly 1400 yards and people are carrying on like spurned little junior high girls.

Like I said. Laughable.
Not at all, not from my end anyways. I'm simply saying the guy looks slow, looks uninterested, and the yards are going down. Not what you want out a 4th overall pick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’d say the dip in Dlaw’s post contract signing was more pronounced than Zekes
we expected his production to be commencement to what he was paid.
the word you're looking for is "commensurate". you're welcome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
periods go inside the quotation marks. you're welcome. :hattip
The first word of every sentence is supposed to be capitalized. You're welcome.

Top Bottom